Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to change my user name?
How to change my user name? [message #1161251] Tue, 29 October 2013 17:35 Go to next message
Raymond Qiu is currently offline Raymond QiuFriend
I created a new account and want to submit a patch to CDT project. After I created my account, my user name was automatically set as rqiukdi which does not make any sense to me. I went to my account page but that page only allowed me to change FirstName and LastName. How can I change my user name?

Thanks.
Re: How to change my user name? [message #1161306 is a reply to message #1161251] Tue, 29 October 2013 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Is it all similar to the email address you used (which seems like it might be derived from your name)?

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP
IBM Emerging Technologies
Re: How to change my user name? [message #1178648 is a reply to message #1161306] Sat, 09 November 2013 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gordon Pettey is currently offline Gordon PetteyFriend
I noted this too, immediately after registering. My last name was changed to my email address, minus @ and dots, and the username showing on the code review site is similar (first inital, then erroneous "last name"). I fixed the last name issue, but the username is still screwed up. Is it possible to change the username? If so, where is that option found?
Re: How to change my user name? [message #1178709 is a reply to message #1178648] Sat, 09 November 2013 21:17 Go to previous message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

There is a user name (for Gerrit) but it is generated from your first + last names, plus some random characters if it already exists. We don't have any means of changing it right now since only Gerrit uses the UserID.

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Previous Topic:Update sites could not be found
Next Topic:Help regarding JDBC Driver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 30 03:52:01 GMT 2016