Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Issues faced on kepler.(Unable to set the default perspective and hide other perspectives using kepler.)
Issues faced on kepler. [message #1159081] Mon, 28 October 2013 09:29 Go to next message
Amit Jahagirdar is currently offline Amit JahagirdarFriend
Hi all,
I am using Teiid Designer with Eclipse kepler.
Jboss Teiid designer comes with its custom perspective called "modelerPerspective".
Now the requirement is
1) to make this perspective as default perspective when an instance of eclipse opens up everytime.
2) Hide other perspectives like java,java browsing,CVS etc...
3) To achieve this may be write a small eclipse plugin and ensure that eclipse picks up this plugin everytime it opens up.
===================================================================================
To achieve above mentioned goals :
==>I tried activeWindow.setPerspective(myPerspective) in the earlyStartup method.
That works partially coz if i choose other perspective and close eclipse instance then the next time I run it it opens in the previously used perspective and not myPerspective.

==> Secondly for hiding the perspectives I am using follwing code in my plugin:
IExtensionChangeHandler.removeExtension(null,removePerspectiveDesc.toArray());
from within the postWindowCreate() but even that is not working with Kepler.
==> Now when the plugin is exported as a jar/feature the earlyStartup doesnot get called while opening an eclipse instance.

Would be of great help if someone could help me on these issues.
Thanks
Amit
Re: Issues faced on kepler. [message #1670789 is a reply to message #1159081] Fri, 13 March 2015 10:35 Go to previous message
kumar manish is currently offline kumar manishFriend
Hi Amit,

You have resolved this issue because i have faced the same issue in kepler. if you had resolved this issue could you please hepl me to resolve.

Thanks,
Manish
Previous Topic:Eclipse(e4)RCP
Next Topic:Can we select and double icons using E4 CSS?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:21:42 GMT 2024