Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Problems with Callisto and /or WTP on Fedora core 5
Problems with Callisto and /or WTP on Fedora core 5 [message #181152] Sun, 08 October 2006 15:41 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: Ben_Engbers.yahoo.com

Hi,

I have performed the following actions on my laptop:
- installed Fedora Core 5
- executed yum update
- installed java (see http://www.fedorafaq.org/#java, everything went
well except "yum --enablerepo=jpackage-generic-nonfree install
java-1.5.0-sun-compat" and installing the plugin in the browser)
- downloaded and extracted eclipse-SDK-3.2.1-linux-gtk.tar.gz
- added jdk1.5.0_08 as the default jre
- installed Tomcat 5.5.20
- created a new workspace
- added the Tomcat installation as target
- used the update manager to install all the needed features
- created a new Dynamic Web Project ==> ERROR

An errorbox pops up with the following message:

Failed while installing Dynamic Web Module 2.4.
Reason:
Failed while installing Dynamic Web Module 2.4.
Details >> "empty document, with no root element"

- downloaded and extracted wtp-all-in-one-sdk-R-1.5.1-200609230508-linux-gtk
- created a new workspace
- added the Tomcat installation as target
- created a new Dynamic Web Project ==> ERROR
Same error as above

I have Googled for "Failed while installing Dynamic Web Module 2.4"
"empty document, with no root element" but that results in only 1 hit
which does not help me any further.

Is this enough information to help me solving this problem?

Thanks,
Ben
Problems with Callisto and /or WTP on Fedora core 5 (extra info) [message #181162 is a reply to message #181152] Sun, 08 October 2006 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: Ben_Engbers.yahoo.com

Ben Engbers wrote:

After experimenting some time, Eclipse now aborts with the following
message:
JVM terminated. Exit code=1
/usr/bin/java
-Xms40m
-Xmx256m
-jar /home/bengbers/programs/eclipse/WTP/eclipse/startup.jar
-os linux
-ws gtk
-arch x86
-launcher /home/bengbers/programs/eclipse/WTP/eclipse/eclipse
-name Eclipse
-showsplash 600
-exitdata 288003
-vm /usr/bin/java
-vmargs
-Xms40m
-Xmx256m
-jar /home/bengbers/programs/eclipse/WTP/eclipse/startup.jar

Does this help?

Ben
Re: Problems with Callisto and /or WTP on Fedora core 5 (extra info) [message #181209 is a reply to message #181162] Mon, 09 October 2006 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin Dahyabhai
Messages: 2130
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ben Engbers wrote:
> Ben Engbers wrote:
>
> After experimenting some time, Eclipse now aborts with the following
> message:
> JVM terminated. Exit code=1
> /usr/bin/java
> -Xms40m
> -Xmx256m
> -jar /home/bengbers/programs/eclipse/WTP/eclipse/startup.jar
> -os linux
> -ws gtk
> -arch x86
> -launcher /home/bengbers/programs/eclipse/WTP/eclipse/eclipse
> -name Eclipse
> -showsplash 600
> -exitdata 288003
> -vm /usr/bin/java
> -vmargs
> -Xms40m
> -Xmx256m
> -jar /home/bengbers/programs/eclipse/WTP/eclipse/startup.jar
>
> Does this help?

Is /usr/bin/java actually the Sun jdk1.5.0_08? Run /usr/bin/java
-version to double check.

--
- Nitin


---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP, IBM
Re: Problems with Callisto and /or WTP on Fedora core 5 (extra info) [message #181217 is a reply to message #181209] Mon, 09 October 2006 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: Ben_Engbers.yahoo.com

Nitin Dahyabhai wrote:
> Ben Engbers wrote:
>> Ben Engbers wrote:
>>
>> -vm /usr/bin/java
>> -jar /home/bengbers/programs/eclipse/WTP/eclipse/startup.jar
>>
>> Does this help?
>
> Is /usr/bin/java actually the Sun jdk1.5.0_08? Run /usr/bin/java
> -version to double check.
>
output from/usr/bin/java -version=
java version "1.4.2"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.1 20060525 (Red Hat 4.1.1-1)

Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

What I did to install Java was:

su -
-execute ./jdk-1_5_0_08-linux-i586-rpm.bin
create a file /etc/profile.d/java.sh with the following content:
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_08
PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin
chmod +x
reboot

This worked onmachines with Linux RH 8.* up till Fedora 4

Ben
Re: Problems with Callisto and /or WTP on Fedora core 5 (extra info) [message #181392 is a reply to message #181217] Tue, 10 October 2006 17:49 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: Ben_Engbers.yahoo.com

Ben Engbers wrote:
> Nitin Dahyabhai wrote:
>> Ben Engbers wrote:
>>> Ben Engbers wrote:
>>>
>> Is /usr/bin/java actually the Sun jdk1.5.0_08? Run /usr/bin/java
>> -version to double check.
>>
> output from/usr/bin/java -version=
> java version "1.4.2"
> gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.1 20060525 (Red Hat 4.1.1-1)
>

> What I did to install Java was:
>
> su -
> -execute ./jdk-1_5_0_08-linux-i586-rpm.bin
> create a file /etc/profile.d/java.sh with the following content:
> export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_08
> PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin
I changed the last line into:
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
and that did the trick!

Ben
Previous Topic:Using WST for Custom Editor
Next Topic:Tomat 4.1 in Eclipse 3.2
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Apr 16 12:19:34 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01722 seconds