Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » SashForm -> ExpandBar -> Table(expandable tables using sash & expand)
SashForm -> ExpandBar -> Table [message #1158219] Sun, 27 October 2013 20:02
Bram Kivenko is currently offline Bram KivenkoFriend
The simplest way to describe what I want is as follows:

I have two tables, the user may wish to see either table or both tables. If both tables are shown, I want a sash divider to appropriate a user-selectable amount of space for each table.

Thus, originally, I wanted to use a SashForm and the user could simply drag the divider. However, I want to make use of the ExpandItem header functionality to quickly show or hide one of the tables; the ExpandItem header is also a nice looking widget. If I attach a table to an ExpandItem in an ExpandBar, it doesn't take the full size of the container, and scrollbars show in the ExpandBar, not the table.

I was thinking of displaying ExpandItems that contain nothing, but which I might use as an event provider to relocate the sash, but my attempt became very complicated rather quickly.

Additional wrinkle, the parent container's size can change based on a resize of the shell. And therefore, the size available to the two tables is not static. Part of this could be solved if SashForm permitted a sash after all displayed children (ie, a request to for the SashForm to resize itself within its parent.)

Is there some nice way to do any of this?
Previous Topic:Browser.getText returning incomplete/inaccurate page string.
Next Topic:Lost with layout methods and parameters...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:10:54 GMT 2024