Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » Issues with linking
Issues with linking [message #1158159] Sun, 27 October 2013 19:07 Go to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
I just started to try out ProR and having issues with linking. I have tried to follow the guide in the blog, but I can't make it work.

Am I supposed to start by clicking on a SpecObject in the Outline?

I try to right-click on an object in another table (specification) but I only get a link to the same SpecObject I try to create the link in.

Can anybody help?

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Re: Issues with linking [message #1158165 is a reply to message #1158159] Sun, 27 October 2013 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi Thomas,

I you trying to link using drag and drop? That can be tricky. The easier way is described here:

http://formalmind.com/en/blog/better-link-creation-rmf-pror-070

If this does not work, you may have found a bug. Smile

Best,

- Michael
Re: Issues with linking [message #1158197 is a reply to message #1158165] Sun, 27 October 2013 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael!

After some fiddling I now know what I did wrong. All operations are to be performed in the Outline, I didn't understand that from the blog entry.

So, it works!

Regards,
Tomas
Re: Issues with linking [message #1159007 is a reply to message #1158197] Mon, 28 October 2013 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hi Thomas,

> All operations are to be performed in the Outline, I didn't understand that from the blog entry.

Actually, they should work everywhere, certainly in the Specification Editor. I just checked, and it works for me. Are you using the latest version?
Re: Issues with linking [message #1159045 is a reply to message #1159007] Mon, 28 October 2013 09:04 Go to previous message
Hi Michael!

Today I installed ProR withing Eclipse on my work computer and tested and as you say, it worked.

Was trying this out at home during the weekend, will check that installation the next time I'm working at home. But it is probably a user error then...

Regards,
Tomas
Previous Topic:Only string datatype available?
Next Topic:Requirements with "no pure text" as Description
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:15:55 GMT 2024