Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Issues with activity groups
Issues with activity groups [message #1153192] Thu, 24 October 2013 12:41 Go to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas Sandkvist
In an activity diagram I try to create an activity group according to the tutorial. But I cannot figure out how to make elements stick to the group. If I draw a group over an element, nothing happens. If I try to drag an element into the group, it moves away.

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist

EDIT: Wait a minute, now I did a lot of action and put the partition over them and now it did work. Was a bit to hasty on the question here..

EDIT: Nope, still troublesome. Now, if I try to add an element to one of these groups, it does not stay where I drag it, it jumps randomly. Also, now I cannot attach a control flow I created to anything within another group? So, I think I need some help after all.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 October 2013 13:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Issues with activity groups [message #1240495 is a reply to message #1153192] Thu, 06 February 2014 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt Park is currently offline Matt Park
I'm using 0.10.1.v201309181302 and I'm having problems with activity partions. If I add more than one activity parition to an activity, any new nodes I add (by first drawing them in the activitiy outside any of the partions, automatically are jumping to the first partion. The activity partion's node properties show it having the action, but the action is displayed in the first activity partion.
Re: Issues with activity groups [message #1243845 is a reply to message #1240495] Tue, 11 February 2014 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt Park is currently offline Matt Park
i figured out a work around for getting activity diagrams to properly show up in an activity partion. 1) drag several activity partions inside the activity from the node menu. 2) drag a node (e.g. Opaque Action, Decision node, ...) inside the activity and outside of each activity partion but near the activity partion you want it to be part of. 3) Click on the Activity Partion, grab one of its resize handles and expand it so that it completely overlaps the node. 4) You can now drag the activity partion around and all of its internal actions and elements will maintain their position inside the activity partion.
Re: Issues with activity groups [message #1404385 is a reply to message #1243845] Thu, 31 July 2014 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kim george is currently offline kim george
Do you know if this has been logged as a bug? I wasn't able to find it. I'm having the same behaviour in Luna 20140612-0600.
Re: Issues with activity groups [message #1404444 is a reply to message #1404385] Fri, 01 August 2014 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille Letavernier
Hi,

Most similar bugs in the Activity Diagram have been fixed a few weeks after the Luna release. The fixes are available in the Papyrus nightly build, and will be officially available in SR1 (End of september)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Papyrus developer
Re: Issues with activity groups [message #1405126 is a reply to message #1404444] Wed, 06 August 2014 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Camille,

I loaded the nightly build and it fixed the issue with the partition however the same issue appears to be happening when I want to put an interuptible activity region inside a partition then try to add anything to the region. The added node jumps out of the region.

The workaround I have to apply is as follow. 1) Create the interuptible region outside the partition. 2)Add the required nodes 3)Move the interuptible region to the partition.

Should I raise this as a bug?

Kim
Re: Issues with activity groups [message #1405376 is a reply to message #1405126] Thu, 07 August 2014 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille Letavernier
Hi Kim,

You should definitely raise a bug. The Activity Diagram is currently being improved/fixed, so don't hesitate to report issues

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Papyrus developer
Re: Issues with activity groups [message #1405473 is a reply to message #1405376] Thu, 07 August 2014 12:37 Go to previous message
Bug submitted:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=441342
Previous Topic:Odd behavior from specialized constraintBlock
Next Topic:Activity diagram paritition formatting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 23 19:57:23 GMT 2014