Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Extending Acceleo Templates(How to customize Acceleo templates)
Extending Acceleo Templates [message #1152910] Thu, 24 October 2013 08:49 Go to next message
rhea bilagantol is currently offline rhea bilagantolFriend
Hi Everyone,

I have successfully override my templates using Acceleo's dynamic overriding capability. But this only works when my original generator plugin project and the dynamic plugin project are both inside my eclipse workspace.

I have also observed the following when I run my original generator and modify a dynamic template while the generator is still running:
1) Modify dynamic template in my eclipse workspace - the applied changes were generated(auto-build happens).
2) Modify dynamic template using other editor(i.e. notepad++) - the changes are not generated.

What I want to achieve here is to run my generator and customize the templates dynamically while the generator is running.

So, is there a way on how to we can expose Acceleo templates and be able to modify them outside eclipse? Or maybe tell Acceleo where to get the mtl templates to generate.

Thanks,
Rhea
Re: Extending Acceleo Templates [message #1159047 is a reply to message #1152910] Mon, 28 October 2013 09:05 Go to previous message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

You may be able to do this by using the APIs of the Acceleo engine (I never tried it so I'm not 100% sure), have a look at AcceleoDynamicTemplateRegistry.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks
Previous Topic:[Xpand] validation syntax
Next Topic:ACCELEO chain compilation error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:00:47 GMT 2024