|General "extension" questions [message #178679]
||Thu, 07 September 2006 17:53
| Stan Rivera
Registered: July 2009
I'd appreciate anyones input on a few general questions I have about |
"extensions" and also branding those extensions. Also, the extensions I
am doing will only be valid (applicable) on my company's platform and will
be used internally and externally (i.e., customer facing):
1) If extending an existing plug-in, does a new plug-in project need to be
2) Or, do I check-out the plugin from the repository then add my extension
to the plug.xml and update the MANIFEST.MF file for my new plug-in version?
3) If I do item 2), do I then always deploy my updates to the plug-in via
Export->Plug-in Development->Deployable plug-ins and fragments?
3) I am also adding a help plug-in and branding as well:
- To do the branding, I need to create a Feature Project (right?) so I
can include my plug-in updates, help plug-in and branding stuff. If I do
item 2) above, do I specify that plug-in as the "Branding Plug-in" in the
Overview tab of the manifest editor? If so, my understanding is that
several branding files will be added to this existing plug-in, is that ok?
4) When branding, do I need to get any special permissions to do so or are
there any licensing issues I need to be concerned with?
5) For this type of Feature, do I need to provide my own Copyright Notice
and License Agreement info?
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01841 seconds