Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » I have an Eclipse problem
I have an Eclipse problem [message #175877] Tue, 01 August 2006 09:23 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: eclipse.focus-computing.com.au

Can somebody please point me in the right direction - maybe I'm in the wrong
newsgroup.

I am using 3.1.2 and developing with Tapestry. When I try to publish my web
app to Tomcat it is leaving behind one directory. There are other
directories at this same level which it finds and published normally.

I have tried removing the server definition, all of the publish*.xml files,
restarting Eclipse, creating a new Tomcat server and publishing the
application again but still it leaves behind one directory.

If you can't help here which newsgroup should I go to with this problem?

Kind regards
Murray
Re: I have an Eclipse problem [message #175885 is a reply to message #175877] Tue, 01 August 2006 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: eclipse.focus-computing.com.au

I was scanning back through the newsgroup when I noticed a few others having
similar problems. I think maybe I am in the right place.

I checked my .component file, it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<project-modules id="moduleCoreId">

<wb-module deploy-name="silver">

<wb-resource deploy-path="/WEB-INF/classes" source-path="/src"/>

<wb-resource deploy-path="/" source-path="/WebContent"/>

<property name="context-root" value="silver"/>

<property name="java-output-path" value="/build/classes/"/>

</wb-module>

</project-modules>


The directory structure lists a little like:

WEB-INF/pages/a/...
WEB-INF/pages/artist/...
WEB-INF/pages/collect/...
WEB-INF/pages/product/...

etc

All of these directories and their contents are published normally except
WEB-INF/pages/artist/... This particular directory is missed out and of
course none of the contents arrive in the webapps folder either.

This hasn't helped me figure anything out yet. Does anybody have any idea
where I should be looking or poking around?

Cheers
Murray


"Murray Collingwood" <eclipse@focus-computing.com.au> wrote in message
news:eankkq$tfs$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Can somebody please point me in the right direction - maybe I'm in the
> wrong newsgroup.
>
> I am using 3.1.2 and developing with Tapestry. When I try to publish my
> web app to Tomcat it is leaving behind one directory. There are other
> directories at this same level which it finds and published normally.
>
> I have tried removing the server definition, all of the publish*.xml
> files, restarting Eclipse, creating a new Tomcat server and publishing the
> application again but still it leaves behind one directory.
>
> If you can't help here which newsgroup should I go to with this problem?
>
> Kind regards
> Murray
>
>
Re: I have an Eclipse problem [message #178477 is a reply to message #175885] Sun, 03 September 2006 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: eclipse.focus-computing.com.au

Hi all

This is still not solved but I have determined that when I have directories
that begin with similar text is when I have this problem.

So, the directories:

WEB-INF/pages/a/...
WEB-INF/pages/artist/...

works fine with the 'a' subdirectory but ignores the 'artist' directory.

WEB-INF/pages/a/...
WEB-INF/pages/art/...

Similarly if I change 'artist' to 'art' I get a similar problem.

Finally I changed 'artist' to 'rtist' and everything began working okay.

This is a really stupid problem - can anybody explain it and will it be
fixed in an upgrade sometime???

I'm running Eclipse 3.1.2

Cheers
mc



"Murray Collingwood" <eclipse@focus-computing.com.au> wrote in message
news:eanlag$2qn$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>I was scanning back through the newsgroup when I noticed a few others
>having similar problems. I think maybe I am in the right place.
>
> I checked my .component file, it looks like this:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <project-modules id="moduleCoreId">
>
> <wb-module deploy-name="silver">
>
> <wb-resource deploy-path="/WEB-INF/classes" source-path="/src"/>
>
> <wb-resource deploy-path="/" source-path="/WebContent"/>
>
> <property name="context-root" value="silver"/>
>
> <property name="java-output-path" value="/build/classes/"/>
>
> </wb-module>
>
> </project-modules>
>
>
> The directory structure lists a little like:
>
> WEB-INF/pages/a/...
> WEB-INF/pages/artist/...
> WEB-INF/pages/collect/...
> WEB-INF/pages/product/...
>
> etc
>
> All of these directories and their contents are published normally except
> WEB-INF/pages/artist/... This particular directory is missed out and of
> course none of the contents arrive in the webapps folder either.
>
> This hasn't helped me figure anything out yet. Does anybody have any idea
> where I should be looking or poking around?
>
> Cheers
> Murray
>
>
> "Murray Collingwood" <eclipse@focus-computing.com.au> wrote in message
> news:eankkq$tfs$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>> Can somebody please point me in the right direction - maybe I'm in the
>> wrong newsgroup.
>>
>> I am using 3.1.2 and developing with Tapestry. When I try to publish my
>> web app to Tomcat it is leaving behind one directory. There are other
>> directories at this same level which it finds and published normally.
>>
>> I have tried removing the server definition, all of the publish*.xml
>> files, restarting Eclipse, creating a new Tomcat server and publishing
>> the application again but still it leaves behind one directory.
>>
>> If you can't help here which newsgroup should I go to with this problem?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Murray
>>
>>
>
>
Re: I have an Eclipse problem [message #178813 is a reply to message #178477] Sat, 09 September 2006 13:13 Go to previous message
David Williams is currently offline David Williams
Messages: 696
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 23:59:52 -0400, Murray Collingwood
<eclipse@focus-computing.com.au> wrote:

> can anybody explain it and will it be
> fixed in an upgrade sometime???
>
> I'm running Eclipse 3.1.2
>

I recall long long ago hearing of similar problems, so, might have been
fixed by WTP 1.0.3, if you haven't upgraded to that level yet.
Previous Topic:Need some help regarding arraylist
Next Topic:Biometric finger print- with webtools
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 29 10:17:00 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03153 seconds