Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » SWTResourceManager problem(project is out of sync I think???)
icon10.gif  SWTResourceManager problem [message #1138107] Mon, 14 October 2013 23:58
Lauren Livingston is currently offline Lauren LivingstonFriend
Hi! I am extremely new to programming and am having an error that I simply cannot figure out how to fix! I built a simple GUI with SWT, and then was trying to access the files directly through the file system to turn in for my homework . . . I somehow got the files out of sync with the workspace, I think. Just to explain a little bit more, I dragged the entire project out of the file on my desktop where my workspace is stored (instead of just copying it like I wanted). I tried to drag the entire thing back in my Projects folder when I realized what I had done, but jars and other files seemed to be missing. Honestly, I am not sure exactly what happened, because I didn't actually change anything. I re- added the entire project and have even tried rebuilding the SWT/Jface project (just copying and pasting the actual code into the new Application Windows, shells, dialogs, etc.) but it doesn't seem to be working. The part of code that is causing the problem:

SWTResourceManager cannot be resolved.

The method setLayout(Layout) in the type Composite is not applicable for the arguments (FlowLayout).

When I try to enter design view, I get the following error:

INTERNAL ERROR: WIndowBuilder encountered unexpected internal error. This could be caused by a WindowBuilder bug or by a misconfiguration issue, conflict, partial update, etc.

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.wb.internal.swt.model.widgets.ShellInfo cannot be cast to org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.model.component.ContainerInfo

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As I said, I am very new to programming and apologize if I sound ignorant or am not using the correct terminology.

Thank you!
Previous Topic:Can't get Eclipse to run anymore.
Next Topic:Get artifacts from P2 repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:11:16 GMT 2024