Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » SWT Browser GDK_IS_PIXBUF assertion failed
SWT Browser GDK_IS_PIXBUF assertion failed [message #1131793] Thu, 10 October 2013 20:12
Mark Lee is currently offline Mark LeeFriend
I am embedding an SWT Browser in a Java application to integrate a google maps view. It mostly works very well.

However if I zoom in/out with the mouse wheel, then grab the map canvas and scroll it around, I see multiple instances of this error:

(SWT:25903): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_cursor_new_from_pixbuf: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

Most of the time I can continue without any obvious bad effects, but sometimes the entire browser canvas locks and no longer detects mouse clicks and becomes useless.

It seems OK until I zoom - if I just drag the canvas around in googlemaps it's fine, it's only when I zoom then drag, and it's consistent.

If I focus to a different application, then focus back to my embedded browser, the errors stop when I drag the map. As soon as I zoom, then drag, the errors come back.

Anything I can do about this?

I'm using SWT 4.3, 64-bit Kubuntu 13.04, and Oracle Java 1.7.0_40.
Previous Topic:Transparency between SWT<->AWT Image Conversions
Next Topic:SWT.RIGHT_TO_LEFT tree doing strange thing with non-alphanumeric characters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:37:36 GMT 2024