Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Deploy web services ???
Deploy web services ??? [message #172463] Tue, 27 June 2006 01:49 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: thangdang.hotmail.co.uk

Hi all,

I've developed a web service using Eclipse WTP, Tomcat 5.5, JRE 1.4.2. The
web service includes several java source files. Everything works fine in
my local computer. Now I'd like to deploy it into another server (same
configuration). What should I do now? I've tried to search for a solution
on the internet, but it's clueless.

Please help me. Thank you very much.
Re: Deploy web services ??? [message #172485 is a reply to message #172463] Tue, 27 June 2006 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: wknauf_NO_._INSIDE_hg-online.de

Hi Minh,

the easiest way would be to publish the app to your local sever and then simply
pick the app from your workspace-metadata and copy it to the remote server. The
path is (for WTP 1.5)
" .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\ YourWebApp ". I
think in 1.0.x the path is the same, but in 1.0.0 it was different.

Hope this helps

Wolfgang


Minh Thang Dang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've developed a web service using Eclipse WTP, Tomcat 5.5, JRE 1.4.2. The
> web service includes several java source files. Everything works fine in
> my local computer. Now I'd like to deploy it into another server (same
> configuration). What should I do now? I've tried to search for a solution
> on the internet, but it's clueless.
>
> Please help me. Thank you very much.
Re: Deploy web services ??? [message #172564 is a reply to message #172485] Tue, 27 June 2006 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: thangdang.hotmail.co.uk

Hi,

It could be ok. However, I've just figured out a better way to deploy:
export the project as a .war file and copy that file to tomcat/webapps.
When tomcat starts, it'll automatically unpack and deploy the file, and
there we go. Tomorrow I'll test it to see if it works.

Regards.

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:51:16 +0200, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:

> Hi Minh,
>
> the easiest way would be to publish the app to your local sever and then
> simply pick the app from your workspace-metadata and copy it to the
> remote server. The path is (for WTP 1.5)
> " .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\ YourWebApp ".
> I think in 1.0.x the path is the same, but in 1.0.0 it was different.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Wolfgang
>
>
> Minh Thang Dang wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've developed a web service using Eclipse WTP, Tomcat 5.5, JRE 1.4.2.
>> The web service includes several java source files. Everything works
>> fine in my local computer. Now I'd like to deploy it into another
>> server (same configuration). What should I do now? I've tried to search
>> for a solution on the internet, but it's clueless.
>>
>> Please help me. Thank you very much.
Re: Deploy web services ??? [message #172603 is a reply to message #172564] Wed, 28 June 2006 10:58 Go to previous message
Kathy Chan is currently offline Kathy Chan
Messages: 93
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Minh,

The file that tells the Axis servlet on the new server about what Web
services are deployed is called
server-config.wsdd. This file is in YourWebApp/WEB-INF directory and would
get exported together with the WAR.

Regards,

Kathy Chan

"Minh Thang Dang" <thangdang@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
news:pan.2006.06.27.21.03.47.37153@hotmail.co.uk...
> Hi,
>
> It could be ok. However, I've just figured out a better way to deploy:
> export the project as a .war file and copy that file to tomcat/webapps.
> When tomcat starts, it'll automatically unpack and deploy the file, and
> there we go. Tomorrow I'll test it to see if it works.
>
> Regards.
>
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:51:16 +0200, Wolfgang Knauf wrote:
>
> > Hi Minh,
> >
> > the easiest way would be to publish the app to your local sever and then
> > simply pick the app from your workspace-metadata and copy it to the
> > remote server. The path is (for WTP 1.5)
> >
" .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\ YourWebApp ".
> > I think in 1.0.x the path is the same, but in 1.0.0 it was different.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > Wolfgang
> >
> >
> > Minh Thang Dang wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I've developed a web service using Eclipse WTP, Tomcat 5.5, JRE 1.4.2.
> >> The web service includes several java source files. Everything works
> >> fine in my local computer. Now I'd like to deploy it into another
> >> server (same configuration). What should I do now? I've tried to search
> >> for a solution on the internet, but it's clueless.
> >>
> >> Please help me. Thank you very much.
Previous Topic:How does eclipse WTP map directories?
Next Topic:deploy.wsdd?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jul 30 13:30:23 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.15326 seconds