Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » New Maven archetype available: Xtext with multi module Tycho
New Maven archetype available: Xtext with multi module Tycho [message #1126373] Sat, 05 October 2013 13:30 Go to next message
Michael Schnell is currently offline Michael SchnellFriend
Hi there,

just a short note to those who want to get started with Xtext and a Maven Tycho build. As the configuration sometimes is tricky and cumbersome, I made a Maven archetype that creates an Xtext multi module Maven Tycho layout (manifest-first approach).

It's open source and also available on Maven Central.

As I'm not allowed to post links here yet:
It's named "emt-xtext-archeytpe" and you can find it on github.com.

Hope it's useful - Feedback welcome.

Cheers,
Michael
Re: New Maven archetype available: Xtext with multi module Tycho [message #1127290 is a reply to message #1126373] Sun, 06 October 2013 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Verest is currently offline Paul VerestFriend
OK. The quick link is https://github.com/fuinorg/emt-xtext-archeytpe

Hi Michael.

There is Open-archetypes on GitHub, that has now 5 archetypes, including Eclipse-plugin archetype. Would you be interested in joining? This way it is bigger chance, that the project will be found.
Re: New Maven archetype available: Xtext with multi module Tycho [message #1127349 is a reply to message #1127290] Sun, 06 October 2013 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Schnell is currently offline Michael SchnellFriend
Hi Paul,

good idea.

I think the easiest way is just to fork it into "Open Archetypes". Updates should be easy within GitHub. I can also give you write access to it if you want.

Cheers,
Michael
Re: New Maven archetype available: Xtext with multi module Tycho [message #1129017 is a reply to message #1127349] Tue, 08 October 2013 07:57 Go to previous message
Paul Verest is currently offline Paul VerestFriend
Fred Bricon, the creator of Open archetypes is fine with the idea. All next are details.

Created GitHub issue #7
Previous Topic:[Xtend] template expressions
Next Topic:using types from non-exported packages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:45:54 GMT 2024