Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Bundles not found in target platform(custom target platform not updating available bundles)
Bundles not found in target platform [message #1125679] Fri, 04 October 2013 19:39 Go to next message
Joe Karau is currently offline Joe KarauFriend
I'm starting to investigate migrating our project to OSGi, and I'm investigating the usage of the PDE tooling to aid in this.

Our project is closing in on 200 projects, and I'd like to allow individual developers the flexibility to only load the projects that they need to work on in their workspace. My thought, was that this would be possible by creating a target definition which pointed to a directory that contained all 200 bundles, and that way the bundles not present in their workspace would be loaded from this target definition.

Quite possibly I'm doing something wrong as I am quite new to OSGi and the PDE tooling, but it appears as if not all of the bundles stored in the target definition's locations are being made available to the current target platform...

If I open Window->Preferences->Plug-in Development->Target Platform, edit my custom target definition and choose to show the location content, I can see that all of the bundles I would expect to be part of the target platform are listed. I've also verified that they are all checked on the editor's Content tab as well.

However, if I only load some of my projects into my workspace, they are getting compile errors because of missing bundles. Additionally, I go to Run Configurations, and choose to create a new OSGi Framework configuration, the panel that lists all of the bundles to include are only including a small subset under the Target Platform branch.

To me, it appears as if many of my newly created bundles are being listed in the target definition's contents, but are not actually being included as part of the target platform.

Any ideas, tips or suggestions would be very appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Bundles not found in target platform [message #1130597 is a reply to message #1125679] Wed, 09 October 2013 18:48 Go to previous message
Joe Karau is currently offline Joe KarauFriend
Just a follow-up. This was due to a problem with my bundle packaging. I had set an incorrect bundle-version header value in the manifest, and that apparently prevented those bundles from loading.
Previous Topic:Broker Nagivator location URI
Next Topic:The error when exporting product
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:48:32 GMT 2024