Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Perfmon in TPTP 4.0
Perfmon in TPTP 4.0 [message #16228] Mon, 18 April 2005 01:43 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ng.MYFIRSTNAMEkuhn.ch

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the PerfmonAgent with TPTP 4.0; I wanted to follow
the instruction in the help-page. First problem I have: I do not find
the "Host - Windows (Perfmon)" point when I open the "Profile" dialog. I
assumed that this had changed and that I have to do a new "Statisitcal
Data" Profile and select there "Host - Windows (Perfmon)".

The result of this was a quite promising entry in the Profiling Monitor,
"Perfmon Agent at localhost". Unfortunatly, in the context menu the menu
item to open the "Statistical Data" view is missing, as well as the item
to configure the agent.

I used Eclipse M5a / M6, the most recent TPTP 4.0 build as well as the
oldest.

TPTP 3.3 with Eclipse 3.0.2 seems to work.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas
Re: Perfmon in TPTP 4.0 [message #16241 is a reply to message #16228] Wed, 20 April 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hoang M. nguyen is currently offline Hoang M. nguyenFriend
Messages: 1
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Thomas,

I had the similar problem of using the combination of Eclipse 3.1 M6 and
TPTP 4.0 as well.

I bypassed the problem by using Eclipse 3.1 M6 and TPTP 3.3 instead.
It mostly matches with the TPTP documentation that you saw in online help
and I was successfully configuring and using Perfmon agent
(I even use the RAC 4.0 and it still works fine).

I assume that they are working on the UI change and documentation in the
TPTP 4.0.

Regards,

"Thomas Kuhn" <ng@MYFIRSTNAMEkuhn.ch> wrote in message
news:d3u460$rlc$1@news.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up the PerfmonAgent with TPTP 4.0; I wanted to follow
> the instruction in the help-page. First problem I have: I do not find
> the "Host - Windows (Perfmon)" point when I open the "Profile" dialog. I
> assumed that this had changed and that I have to do a new "Statisitcal
> Data" Profile and select there "Host - Windows (Perfmon)".
>
> The result of this was a quite promising entry in the Profiling Monitor,
> "Perfmon Agent at localhost". Unfortunatly, in the context menu the menu
> item to open the "Statistical Data" view is missing, as well as the item
> to configure the agent.
>
> I used Eclipse M5a / M6, the most recent TPTP 4.0 build as well as the
> oldest.
>
> TPTP 3.3 with Eclipse 3.0.2 seems to work.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Thomas
Re: Perfmon in TPTP 4.0 [message #16265 is a reply to message #16241] Wed, 20 April 2005 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
George Christelis is currently offline George ChristelisFriend
Messages: 15
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Thomas,

Yes, unfortunately we are still busy implementing the functionality of the
new statistical UI in TPTP 4.0, and along with this we will be updating the
documentation accordingly. The walthrough documentation you refer to is only
applicable to TPTP 3.3 and previous releases.

I see that you have managed to create a PerfmonAgent in the Profiling
Monitor. Once you have started monitoring this agent you should open the
Agent Control view (Windows->Show View->Other->Profiling and Logging-> Agent
Control) and the Statistical Graph view (Windows->Show
View->Other->Profiling and Logging-> Agent Control). These views are
dependent on the selection in the profiling monitor view and should change
according to the selection you make in that view. So, if you select a single
agent then the views will be populated with just one agent. If you select
multiple agents then all these agents will be presented in the views.

The agent control's view should allow you to request counter values. This is
similar to 'Configuraing the Statistical Counters' that is present in 3.3.
Once a counter is selected, it should appear in the Statistical Graph view
and the Graph Summaries view.

Please feel free to email me directly if you require more assistance with
this.
George

"Hoang M. Nguyen" <hoang.m.nguyen@intel.com> wrote in message
news:d45a4r$jnr$1@news.eclipse.org...
> Thomas,
>
> I had the similar problem of using the combination of Eclipse 3.1 M6 and
> TPTP 4.0 as well.
>
> I bypassed the problem by using Eclipse 3.1 M6 and TPTP 3.3 instead.
> It mostly matches with the TPTP documentation that you saw in online help
> and I was successfully configuring and using Perfmon agent
> (I even use the RAC 4.0 and it still works fine).
>
> I assume that they are working on the UI change and documentation in the
> TPTP 4.0.
>
> Regards,
>
> "Thomas Kuhn" <ng@MYFIRSTNAMEkuhn.ch> wrote in message
> news:d3u460$rlc$1@news.eclipse.org...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to set up the PerfmonAgent with TPTP 4.0; I wanted to follow
> > the instruction in the help-page. First problem I have: I do not find
> > the "Host - Windows (Perfmon)" point when I open the "Profile" dialog. I
> > assumed that this had changed and that I have to do a new "Statisitcal
> > Data" Profile and select there "Host - Windows (Perfmon)".
> >
> > The result of this was a quite promising entry in the Profiling Monitor,
> > "Perfmon Agent at localhost". Unfortunatly, in the context menu the menu
> > item to open the "Statistical Data" view is missing, as well as the item
> > to configure the agent.
> >
> > I used Eclipse M5a / M6, the most recent TPTP 4.0 build as well as the
> > oldest.
> >
> > TPTP 3.3 with Eclipse 3.0.2 seems to work.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Thomas
>
>
Re: Perfmon in TPTP 4.0 [message #16348 is a reply to message #16265] Fri, 22 April 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ng.MYFIRSTNAMEkuhn.ch

Hi,

Thanks for the assistance, now it's working great with TPTP 4.0 /
Eclipse M5a!

Regards
- Thomas


Btw. in M6 an exception is raised after I press on the "Profile"-button
to monitor a PerfmonAgent:

Plug-in org.eclipse.hyades.perfmon was unable to load class
org.eclipse.hyades.perfmon.common.internal.launch.CommonLaun cher.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.eclipse.hyades.perfmon.common.internal.launch.CommonLaun cher
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findCl ass(BundleLoader.java:361)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findCl ass(BundleLoader.java:326)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.adaptor.core.AbstractClassLoader. loadClass(AbstractClassLoader.java:74)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadCl ass(BundleLoader.java:251)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClas s(BundleHost.java:227)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.load Class(AbstractBundle.java:1257)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.crea teExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:162)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.crea teExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:152)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.crea teExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:139)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandl e.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java: 48)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfigurationType.getD elegate(LaunchConfigurationType.java:242)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.getDeleg ate(LaunchConfiguration.java:362)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:524)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfiguration.java:515)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(D ebugUIPlugin.java:731)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$6.run(DebugUIPlu gin.java:929)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:67)




George Christelis wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Yes, unfortunately we are still busy implementing the functionality of the
> new statistical UI in TPTP 4.0, and along with this we will be updating the
> documentation accordingly. The walthrough documentation you refer to is only
> applicable to TPTP 3.3 and previous releases.
>
> I see that you have managed to create a PerfmonAgent in the Profiling
> Monitor. Once you have started monitoring this agent you should open the
> Agent Control view (Windows->Show View->Other->Profiling and Logging-> Agent
> Control) and the Statistical Graph view (Windows->Show
> View->Other->Profiling and Logging-> Agent Control). These views are
> dependent on the selection in the profiling monitor view and should change
> according to the selection you make in that view. So, if you select a single
> agent then the views will be populated with just one agent. If you select
> multiple agents then all these agents will be presented in the views.
>
> The agent control's view should allow you to request counter values. This is
> similar to 'Configuraing the Statistical Counters' that is present in 3.3.
> Once a counter is selected, it should appear in the Statistical Graph view
> and the Graph Summaries view.
>
> Please feel free to email me directly if you require more assistance with
> this.
> George
>
> "Hoang M. Nguyen" <hoang.m.nguyen@intel.com> wrote in message
> news:d45a4r$jnr$1@news.eclipse.org...
>
>>Thomas,
>>
>>I had the similar problem of using the combination of Eclipse 3.1 M6 and
>>TPTP 4.0 as well.
>>
>>I bypassed the problem by using Eclipse 3.1 M6 and TPTP 3.3 instead.
>>It mostly matches with the TPTP documentation that you saw in online help
>>and I was successfully configuring and using Perfmon agent
>>(I even use the RAC 4.0 and it still works fine).
>>
>>I assume that they are working on the UI change and documentation in the
>>TPTP 4.0.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>"Thomas Kuhn" <ng@MYFIRSTNAMEkuhn.ch> wrote in message
>>news:d3u460$rlc$1@news.eclipse.org...
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I'm trying to set up the PerfmonAgent with TPTP 4.0; I wanted to follow
>>>the instruction in the help-page. First problem I have: I do not find
>>>the "Host - Windows (Perfmon)" point when I open the "Profile" dialog. I
>>>assumed that this had changed and that I have to do a new "Statisitcal
>>>Data" Profile and select there "Host - Windows (Perfmon)".
>>>
>>>The result of this was a quite promising entry in the Profiling Monitor,
>>>"Perfmon Agent at localhost". Unfortunatly, in the context menu the menu
>>>item to open the "Statistical Data" view is missing, as well as the item
>>>to configure the agent.
>>>
>>>I used Eclipse M5a / M6, the most recent TPTP 4.0 build as well as the
>>>oldest.
>>>
>>>TPTP 3.3 with Eclipse 3.0.2 seems to work.
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance,
>>> Thomas
>>
>>
>
>
Re: Perfmon in TPTP 4.0 [message #17018 is a reply to message #16348] Tue, 26 April 2005 13:15 Go to previous message
George Christelis is currently offline George ChristelisFriend
Messages: 15
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Thomas,

Yes, this exception has been noted and has subsequently been fixed. The next
spin of TPTP should work correctly.

Thanks
George

"Thomas Kuhn" <ng@MYFIRSTNAMEkuhn.ch> wrote in message
news:d48j9p$kqf$1@news.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the assistance, now it's working great with TPTP 4.0 /
> Eclipse M5a!
>
> Regards
> - Thomas
>
>
> Btw. in M6 an exception is raised after I press on the "Profile"-button
> to monitor a PerfmonAgent:
>
> Plug-in org.eclipse.hyades.perfmon was unable to load class
> org.eclipse.hyades.perfmon.common.internal.launch.CommonLaun cher.
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.eclipse.hyades.perfmon.common.internal.launch.CommonLaun cher
> at
>
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findCl ass(BundleLoader
..java:361)
> at
>
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findCl ass(BundleLoader
..java:326)
> at
>
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.adaptor.core.AbstractClassLoader. loadClass(Abstra
ctClassLoader.java:74)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
> at
>
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadCl ass(BundleLoader
..java:251)
> at
>
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClas s(BundleHost.jav
a:227)
> at
>
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.load Class(AbstractBu
ndle.java:1257)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.crea teExecutableExte
nsion(ConfigurationElement.java:162)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.crea teExecutableExte
nsion(ConfigurationElement.java:152)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.crea teExecutableExte
nsion(ConfigurationElement.java:139)
> at
>
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandl e.createExecutab
leExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:48)
> at
>
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfigurationType.getD elegate(LaunchCo
nfigurationType.java:242)
> at
>
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.getDeleg ate(LaunchConfig
uration.java:362)
> at
>
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfigurati
on.java:524)
> at
>
org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(L aunchConfigurati
on.java:515)
> at
>
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(D ebugUIPlugin.jav
a:731)
> at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$6.run(DebugUIPlu gin.java:929)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:67)
>
>
>
>
> George Christelis wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > Yes, unfortunately we are still busy implementing the functionality of
the
> > new statistical UI in TPTP 4.0, and along with this we will be updating
the
> > documentation accordingly. The walthrough documentation you refer to is
only
> > applicable to TPTP 3.3 and previous releases.
> >
> > I see that you have managed to create a PerfmonAgent in the Profiling
> > Monitor. Once you have started monitoring this agent you should open the
> > Agent Control view (Windows->Show View->Other->Profiling and Logging->
Agent
> > Control) and the Statistical Graph view (Windows->Show
> > View->Other->Profiling and Logging-> Agent Control). These views are
> > dependent on the selection in the profiling monitor view and should
change
> > according to the selection you make in that view. So, if you select a
single
> > agent then the views will be populated with just one agent. If you
select
> > multiple agents then all these agents will be presented in the views.
> >
> > The agent control's view should allow you to request counter values.
This is
> > similar to 'Configuraing the Statistical Counters' that is present in
3.3.
> > Once a counter is selected, it should appear in the Statistical Graph
view
> > and the Graph Summaries view.
> >
> > Please feel free to email me directly if you require more assistance
with
> > this.
> > George
> >
> > "Hoang M. Nguyen" <hoang.m.nguyen@intel.com> wrote in message
> > news:d45a4r$jnr$1@news.eclipse.org...
> >
> >>Thomas,
> >>
> >>I had the similar problem of using the combination of Eclipse 3.1 M6 and
> >>TPTP 4.0 as well.
> >>
> >>I bypassed the problem by using Eclipse 3.1 M6 and TPTP 3.3 instead.
> >>It mostly matches with the TPTP documentation that you saw in online
help
> >>and I was successfully configuring and using Perfmon agent
> >>(I even use the RAC 4.0 and it still works fine).
> >>
> >>I assume that they are working on the UI change and documentation in the
> >>TPTP 4.0.
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>
> >>"Thomas Kuhn" <ng@MYFIRSTNAMEkuhn.ch> wrote in message
> >>news:d3u460$rlc$1@news.eclipse.org...
> >>
> >>>Hi,
> >>>
> >>>I'm trying to set up the PerfmonAgent with TPTP 4.0; I wanted to follow
> >>>the instruction in the help-page. First problem I have: I do not find
> >>>the "Host - Windows (Perfmon)" point when I open the "Profile" dialog.
I
> >>>assumed that this had changed and that I have to do a new "Statisitcal
> >>>Data" Profile and select there "Host - Windows (Perfmon)".
> >>>
> >>>The result of this was a quite promising entry in the Profiling
Monitor,
> >>>"Perfmon Agent at localhost". Unfortunatly, in the context menu the
menu
> >>>item to open the "Statistical Data" view is missing, as well as the
item
> >>>to configure the agent.
> >>>
> >>>I used Eclipse M5a / M6, the most recent TPTP 4.0 build as well as the
> >>>oldest.
> >>>
> >>>TPTP 3.3 with Eclipse 3.0.2 seems to work.
> >>>
> >>>Thanks in advance,
> >>> Thomas
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
Previous Topic:Connection to remote mashine
Next Topic:Is there a tool for feature-tracking and regression testing?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Nov 29 06:36:59 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.21365 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software