Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » importing existing remote projects
importing existing remote projects [message #1122998] Wed, 02 October 2013 05:01
Adam R is currently offline Adam RFriend
We currently manage our source code in starteam, not linked to eclipse at all. We have a bunch of CDT projects (for each component) and the .project and .cproject files are checked into the repository (to maintain the custom build logic we have setup for building cmake projects).

My problem is, I want to use these projects remotely using RSE, I am able to create new CDT projects on the remote filesystem but cannot seem to find a way to import existing projects from a remote filesystem.

I am able to map a network share and do things that way, building over ssh, but what I have found is the source code indexing performed over RSE is much better, it uses the agent on the remote linux machine and is able to pick up includes properly etc.

Is there a way to select an RSE filesystem to import existing projects? I dont mind if this is something that has to be done in code.

Thanks for your help guys.
Previous Topic:RES eclipse-platform 3.7.2-1 ubuntu 12.04
Next Topic:Convert IFile to IRemoteFile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:28:16 GMT 2024