Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Client error: TypeError: ObjectManager.getEntry(...) is undefined(Client error after press keys.)
icon8.gif  Client error: TypeError: ObjectManager.getEntry(...) is undefined [message #1122623] Tue, 01 October 2013 19:29 Go to next message
Jacob He is currently offline Jacob HeFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: October 2013
Junior Member
On RAP 2.1 application, I pressed several keys quickly on page and "client error" occurred.

Stack trace shows the error occurs at rap-client.js line 71046. The method is rwt.remote.RemoteObjectFactory._initRemoteObject.

Code is:
var handler = ObjectManager.getEntry( id ).handler;

Is this a bug or something is wrong in my application? I am stuck for the error occurs repeatedly. I really need help on this.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 October 2013 20:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Client error: TypeError: ObjectManager.getEntry(...) is undefined [message #1123296 is a reply to message #1122623] Wed, 02 October 2013 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim Buschtoens is currently offline Tim BuschtoensFriend
Messages: 387
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi.

I will need some more info to help you:

Do you have a custom widget? (Based on JavaScript.)
What widget is focused while you type?
Do you use a key listener somewhere, or keyboard shortcuts, mnemonics,
accelerator, display event filter?
If yes, what does it do?
Did you try RAP 2.1.1?
Can you provide a code snippet to reproduce this error? (Would be most
helpful.)

Greetings,
Tim




Am 01.10.2013 21:56, schrieb Jacob He:
> On RAP 2.1 application, I pressed several keys quickly on page and
> "client error" occurred.
>
> Stack trace shows the error occurs at rap-client.js line 71046. The
> method is rwt.remote.RemoteObjectFactory._initRemoteObject.
> Code is:
> var handler = ObjectManager.getEntry( id ).handler;
>
> Is this a bug or something is wrong in my application? I am stuck for
> the error occurs repeatedly. I really need help on this.

--
Tim Buschtöns

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: Client error: TypeError: ObjectManager.getEntry(...) is undefined [message #1125696 is a reply to message #1123296] Fri, 04 October 2013 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacob He is currently offline Jacob HeFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: October 2013
Junior Member
Hi, Tim,

Thanks for response.

The base idea of my application is:
1. use RWT.ACTIVE_KEYS to accept some shortcut key strike from web page;
2. the key strike will signal a back end thread to run some business logic;
3. the back end thread will update widgets on web page, like deleting old widgets, creating new widgets, updating exist widgets, etc., at the end of its process.

The attachment is a prototype project for such idea. The entry point of it is "/demo". After opening a new editor, just press one of following keys quickly enough, the client error will occur always.

Keys: "ENTER", "BREAK", "PAGE_DOWN", "PAGE_UP", "F1", "F2", "F3", "F4", "F5", "F6", "F7", "F8", "F9", "F10", "F11", "F12", "SHIFT+F1", "SHIFT+F2", "SHIFT+F3", "SHIFT+F4", "SHIFT+F5", "SHIFT+F6", "SHIFT+F7", "SHIFT+F8", "SHIFT+F9", "SHIFT+F10", "SHIFT+F11", "SHIFT+F12"

One of my customer's tester tried this scenario during UAT extremely by pressing a key without releasing, and then filed this error as critical and unacceptable. I have to deal with it now.

Regards,

Jacob
  • Attachment: Demo.zip
    (Size: 22.96KB, Downloaded 23 times)
Re: Client error: TypeError: ObjectManager.getEntry(...) is undefined [message #1125698 is a reply to message #1122623] Fri, 04 October 2013 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacob He is currently offline Jacob HeFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: October 2013
Junior Member
BTW, this error occurs on both RAP 2.1 and 2.1.1.
Re: Client error: TypeError: ObjectManager.getEntry(...) is undefined [message #1128181 is a reply to message #1125696] Mon, 07 October 2013 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim Buschtoens is currently offline Tim BuschtoensFriend
Messages: 387
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi.

Okay, I can reproduce it. It looks like there is a bug in the Text
widget that causes it to render a the selection while it looses focuses
even though the widget is about to be disposed. Please open a bugzilla
entry about this issue, add the demo application and a link to this
thread. We will then continue the discussion there.

Greetings,
Tim

Am 04.10.2013 22:01, schrieb Jacob He:
> Hi, Tim,
>
> Thanks for response.
>
> The base idea of my application is:
> 1. use RWT.ACTIVE_KEYS to accept some shortcut key strike from web page;
> 2. the key strike will signal a back end thread to run some business logic;
> 3. the back end thread will update widgets on web page, like deleting old widgets, creating new widgets, updating exist widgets, etc., at the end of its process.
>
> The attachment is a prototype project for such idea. The entry point of it is "/demo". After opening a new editor, just press one of following keys quickly enough, the client error will occur always.
>
> Keys: "ENTER", "BREAK", "PAGE_DOWN", "PAGE_UP", "F1", "F2", "F3", "F4", "F5", "F6", "F7", "F8", "F9", "F10", "F11", "F12", "SHIFT+F1", "SHIFT+F2", "SHIFT+F3", "SHIFT+F4", "SHIFT+F5", "SHIFT+F6", "SHIFT+F7", "SHIFT+F8", "SHIFT+F9", "SHIFT+F10", "SHIFT+F11", "SHIFT+F12"
>
> One of my customer's tester tried this scenario during UAT extremely by pressing a key without releasing, and then filed this error as critical and unacceptable. I have to deal with it now.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jacob
>

--
Tim Buschtöns

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: Client error: TypeError: ObjectManager.getEntry(...) is undefined [message #1128182 is a reply to message #1128181] Mon, 07 October 2013 12:26 Go to previous message
Tim Buschtoens is currently offline Tim BuschtoensFriend
Messages: 387
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Sorry, I saw too late that you already opened a bug in the other thread.
Never mind.

Am 07.10.2013 14:26, schrieb Tim Buschtöns:
> Hi.
>
> Okay, I can reproduce it. It looks like there is a bug in the Text
> widget that causes it to render a the selection while it looses focuses
> even though the widget is about to be disposed. Please open a bugzilla
> entry about this issue, add the demo application and a link to this
> thread. We will then continue the discussion there.
>
> Greetings,
> Tim
>
> Am 04.10.2013 22:01, schrieb Jacob He:
>> Hi, Tim,
>>
>> Thanks for response.
>>
>> The base idea of my application is:
>> 1. use RWT.ACTIVE_KEYS to accept some shortcut key strike from web page;
>> 2. the key strike will signal a back end thread to run some business
>> logic;
>> 3. the back end thread will update widgets on web page, like deleting
>> old widgets, creating new widgets, updating exist widgets, etc., at
>> the end of its process.
>>
>> The attachment is a prototype project for such idea. The entry point
>> of it is "/demo". After opening a new editor, just press one of
>> following keys quickly enough, the client error will occur always.
>>
>> Keys: "ENTER", "BREAK", "PAGE_DOWN", "PAGE_UP", "F1", "F2", "F3",
>> "F4", "F5", "F6", "F7", "F8", "F9", "F10", "F11", "F12", "SHIFT+F1",
>> "SHIFT+F2", "SHIFT+F3", "SHIFT+F4", "SHIFT+F5", "SHIFT+F6",
>> "SHIFT+F7", "SHIFT+F8", "SHIFT+F9", "SHIFT+F10", "SHIFT+F11", "SHIFT+F12"
>>
>> One of my customer's tester tried this scenario during UAT extremely
>> by pressing a key without releasing, and then filed this error as
>> critical and unacceptable. I have to deal with it now.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jacob
>>
>

--
Tim Buschtöns

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Previous Topic:Google Maps Integration
Next Topic:Clienscripting filter list on client
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Nov 27 20:11:47 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01727 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software