Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Classpath Dependency Validator for user libraries(Classpath Dependency Validator reports error y the same JAR file appears in two different user libraries)
Classpath Dependency Validator for user libraries [message #1122415] Tue, 01 October 2013 14:48 Go to next message
Miguel Angel Garcia Grande is currently offline Miguel Angel Garcia GrandeFriend
Hi all!

I'm using two user libraries in one of my projects:
* One for Hibernate framework (including dependencies).
* One for JasperReports libraries and dependencies.

Both include "commons-collection" as a dependency (in fact, both reference the very same JAR file) and both libraries are marked to be deployed in the "deployment assembly" section, resulting in Eclipse's Classpath Dependency Validator giving the following error:
"The project contains another dependency with the same archive name"

I don't understand why this is considered an error or how to solve it a way other than disabling the "Classpath Dependency Validator" itself.

If I create a project using one (but only one) of those libraries, everything works fine. The error (obviously) only occurs when using BOTH libraries under the same project.

My point is, I don't think I shouldn't care whether I use both libraries or not. Yes, both use the same JAR file... I don't think it's a big deal actually... is it? I mean, both libraries are deployed and one file will get overwritten by itself...

Is there a reason for this to be considered an error?

Is there any workaround other than disabling the validator (or just ignoring the error)?

Thanks so much in advance. Kind regards,
Miguel Angel
Re: Classpath Dependency Validator for user libraries [message #1129428 is a reply to message #1122415] Tue, 08 October 2013 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
how do you specify your dependencies? Is that maven ( and m2e ) behind the curtain, or do you manually specify dependencies in the project's Build Path?

Stephan
Re: Classpath Dependency Validator for user libraries [message #1130265 is a reply to message #1129428] Wed, 09 October 2013 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miguel Angel Garcia Grande is currently offline Miguel Angel Garcia GrandeFriend
I don't use Maven or any other project/dependency manager other than Eclipse's native ones (Java Build Path & Deployment Assembly)

I can simply ignore the error and go on (that's what I'm doing)... but I'd like to workaround it, if possible, and understand why Eclipse considers it an "error".

Thanks for your response! Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 09 October 2013 11:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Classpath Dependency Validator for user libraries [message #1131322 is a reply to message #1130265] Thu, 10 October 2013 12:17 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Sorry for being dense: what is "Deployment Assembly"?
It doesn't seem to be provided by JDT.
Sounds like s.t. J2EE/WebTools?
In that case the WebTools forum might be a better place to ask.
They would probably also know about the "Classpath Dependency Validator",
which is not a JDT feature, either.

Stephan
Previous Topic:Invalid thread access - On using progress bar
Next Topic:Composition of Refactorings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:58:53 GMT 2024