Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » "Eclipse lights up Java crowd" on zdnet.com
"Eclipse lights up Java crowd" on zdnet.com [message #16154] Tue, 01 March 2005 22:08 Go to next message
Genady Beryozkin is currently offline Genady BeryozkinFriend
Messages: 410
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5590847.html

An excerpt (he=Mike Milinkovich):
"We're waiting for Microsoft to come up with a strategy for dealing with
open source in general," he said. "If Microsoft wanted to join Eclipse,
we would be thrilled to have them.

That would be a good April 1st joke :)

Genady

--
Genady Beryozkin
http://www.genady.net/
Re: "Eclipse lights up Java crowd" on zdnet.com [message #16212 is a reply to message #16154] Tue, 01 March 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Milinkovich is currently offline Mike MilinkovichFriend
Messages: 258
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I agree. Sounds tempting ;-)

I don't think we will ever be able to beat what the JetBrains guys did last
year with the "eclipse" site though. That was truly inspired.

"Genady" <eclipse@genady.org> wrote in message
news:d02p4f$3ag$1@www.eclipse.org...
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5590847.html
>
> An excerpt (he=Mike Milinkovich):
> "We're waiting for Microsoft to come up with a strategy for dealing with
> open source in general," he said. "If Microsoft wanted to join Eclipse, we
> would be thrilled to have them.
>
> That would be a good April 1st joke :)
>
> Genady
>
> --
> Genady Beryozkin
> http://www.genady.net/
Re: "Eclipse lights up Java crowd" on zdnet.com [message #16240 is a reply to message #16212] Wed, 02 March 2005 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: SamMesh.gmail.com

Just two citations from
<http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5590847.html>:

"The Eclipse software in some ways *mimics what Microsoft has* with its
flagship development product, Visual Studio."

"... why Eclipse has garnered so much interest in the past two years ...
*The architecture is incredibly elegant*..."

Indirect compliment to Microsoft's elegance? :)

BTW, what "JetBrains guys did last year with the "eclipse" site"?
Sorry for missing that - was too busy developing plugins. :)

--
Sam Mesh

Mike Milinkovich wrote:
> I agree. Sounds tempting ;-)
>
> I don't think we will ever be able to beat what the JetBrains guys did last
> year with the "eclipse" site though. That was truly inspired.
>
> "Genady" <eclipse@genady.org> wrote in message
> news:d02p4f$3ag$1@www.eclipse.org...
>
>>http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5590847.html
>>
>>An excerpt (he=Mike Milinkovich):
>>"We're waiting for Microsoft to come up with a strategy for dealing with
>>open source in general," he said. "If Microsoft wanted to join Eclipse, we
>>would be thrilled to have them.
>>
>>That would be a good April 1st joke :)
Re: "Eclipse lights up Java crowd" on zdnet.com [message #16332 is a reply to message #16240] Sat, 05 March 2005 16:51 Go to previous message
Mike Milinkovich is currently offline Mike MilinkovichFriend
Messages: 258
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
They re-did their home page to look just like Eclipse. I wasn't at Eclipse
at the time, but I have heard from several people that it was absolutely
hilarious. Nice to know that they have a good sense of humour :-)

> BTW, what "JetBrains guys did last year with the "eclipse" site"?
Previous Topic:Bug 84491: Command
Next Topic:What restrictions using the artworks puts upon my project?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 19 07:26:29 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.13651 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software