Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » How to implement something like gantt chart using GMF?
How to implement something like gantt chart using GMF? [message #170147] Mon, 28 January 2008 09:40 Go to next message
chaoshengshi is currently offline chaoshengshiFriend
In my project, i have implemented a feature of displaying nodes based on a
xml file which contains some attributes of the them including the start time
and time latency.The next step i have to do is to show time coordinate in
the diagram just like the one in gantt chart and make the nodes locate
themselves exactly following their timing attributes.I wonder if there is a
good way to implement this feature?Can i take advantage of the Rulers&Grid
of GMF to implement this feature?
Please give suggestion.
Thanks.
Re: How to implement something like gantt chart using GMF? [message #1165768 is a reply to message #170147] Fri, 01 November 2013 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boby pietri is currently offline boby pietriFriend
Hi Chaoshengshi,

I know your post is quite old now but did you manage to do that. I need to do exactly the same thing. Otherwise did you find another solution to your problem ?

Thanks a lot.
Re: How to implement something like gantt chart using GMF? [message #1169963 is a reply to message #1165768] Mon, 04 November 2013 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

what is the exact problem? Do you have a meta-model for the gant chart? Maybe a table layout could do the job for you.

Ralph
Re: How to implement something like gantt chart using GMF? [message #1173089 is a reply to message #1169963] Wed, 06 November 2013 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ralph,

Yes I have an ecore metamodel.
What I am trying to do is representing the tasks dependencies of my model the same way as a usual gantt diagram meaning doing a graphical ui with "start finish/finish start..." that link tasks.
I was thinking using GMF to do that but may be I could use BIRT or SWT (I saw a gantt widget exists with SWT). However I'm not sure I can integrate BIRT and SWT with EMF which is why I was trying to do that using GMF.

Thanks.
Re: How to implement something like gantt chart using GMF? [message #1183015 is a reply to message #1173089] Tue, 12 November 2013 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

did you look at what the nebula project provides (http://www.eclipse.org/nebula/widgets/ganttchart/ganttchart.php)? You could ask in their forum what kind of data model it needs and if you can connect emf classed to it. If you cannot connect with EMF classes you could synch the model and the chart on save if you depend on EMF.

Ralph
Re: How to implement something like gantt chart using GMF? [message #1194017 is a reply to message #1183015] Mon, 18 November 2013 09:42 Go to previous message
Yes thanks.
Indeed it does not seem there is a data model, just widgets components.
I'll try to connect it to my existing EMF data model on load and button actions as you suggested. I'll let you know...
Previous Topic:Create Connections for Not-Allowed elements
Next Topic:GMF Command
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:05:18 GMT 2024