Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » How to run/debug scout SDK from source?
How to run/debug scout SDK from source? [message #1115461] Tue, 24 September 2013 06:23 Go to next message
Chris Snow is currently offline Chris SnowFriend
I've checked out the Scout SDK code and setup my eclipse environment so that the SDK compiles OK.

How can I run the Scout code from within eclipse, so that I can do things like adding breakpoints and watching the code while I perform UI actions?

Many thanks,

Chris
Re: How to run/debug scout SDK from source? [message #1118616 is a reply to message #1115461] Fri, 27 September 2013 15:38 Go to previous message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi Chris,

In the menu bar click "Run" -> "Debug Configurations...".
In the popup dialog right click on "Eclipse Application" in the left hand side tree and select "New". A new config is created.

On the right hand side choose a name and select the tab "Plugins". Ensure that "Launch with" is set to "all workspace and enabled target plug-ins"

You may also want to specify additional VM arguments (like "-Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m" for instance). This can be done in the "Arguments" tab.

Then press "Apply" and "Debug". A new Eclipse instance is launched with the plugins in your original workspace loaded. This allows you to debug through the SDK code while performing UI actions in the second eclipse instance.

Hope this helps. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Kind regards
matthias
Previous Topic:Problem with passing primary key to modify form
Next Topic:Best practices for different client types?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 16:16:08 GMT 2024