Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Text Search function failing b/c "Resource out of sync with the file system"
Text Search function failing b/c "Resource out of sync with the file system" [message #1114478] Sun, 22 September 2013 20:11 Go to next message
Robert Van Liew is currently offline Robert Van LiewFriend
(Apologies if you've seen a similar post to this on the forums - the forum error checking would not let me link to imgur, and I wound up sumbitting an incomplete post earlier, while trying to unsuccessfully find a way around the nonsense error message)

Hi there,

I've been using text search functionality built-in to Eclipse, but certain files in my project are no longer being searched. I get an error saying:

Resource is out of sync with the file system: '/HottbooksRegistrarDecompiledCode/src/Reports/InvoiceTemplate3.html'. The error is towards the bottom-right of my screenshot, which I have attached to this post.

Now, you can see that the InvoiceTemplate3.html is part of my workspace on the left of my screenshot. How do I "resync" that file, so that I can search it with Eclipse's text search functionality?
Re: Text Search function failing b/c "Resource out of sync with the file system" [message #1115102 is a reply to message #1114478] Mon, 23 September 2013 17:05 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Perform a refresh on the project to resync the files.
Previous Topic:Connect to remove server via SSH
Next Topic:Detect Compilation Errors with ASTParser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:10:15 GMT 2024