while inspecting several functions of NatTable in more detail to be able to write the documentation I noticed some issues regarding the export functionality in terms of consistency of configuration and functionality. Therefore I decided to modify the export stuff in order to add consistency.
The following changes will cause issues regarding backwards compatibility and will force users of NatTable to modify their code slightly:
I noticed that the configurations for Excel exports are split into several places. I decided to put them together to have one place for export configuration rather than checking several default configurations for custom modifications.
I created a new interface ExportConfigAttributes that now specifies all export related configuration attributes and moved the existing configuration attributes there. These are
I also moved the default configuration for the export formatter from DefaultNatTableStyleConfiguration to DefaultExportBindings as the configuration is export specific and does only work in combination with the configurations made in the DefaultExportBindings.