Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit » commit template not working
commit template not working [message #1108863] Sat, 14 September 2013 09:53 Go to next message
Steve Atkinson is currently offline Steve Atkinson
Hi,I hope someone can help me -

Our team is moving from SVN to git (finally!!)

I've just created a brand new Keppler Enterprise Edition with egit on Windows 7 64bit and it's fully patched as of 5 minutes ago. I want to use the egitplugn and I've hooked up my existing git repository projects just fine.

My problem is that the commit message is not picking up my commit template defined in $HOME/.gitconfig. The commit message box is resolutely blank.

If I commit from gitbash, or git extensions, the template is used so I know there is not a problem with the template file itself or my .gitconfig (I can view the config in egit and it correctly picks up the the [commit] template=c:/users/steve/.gitCommitMessage.txt in the user settings tab of the configuration preferences

I've googled a bit and all I can find is some references to mylin team commit message - but we're not using Mylyn (at least not yet, we wan to move to Jira integration shortly, but one step at a time...)

Anyone got any ideas?
Re: commit template not working [message #1178807 is a reply to message #1108863] Sat, 09 November 2013 17:55 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias Sohn
JGit / EGit doesn't support commit.template yet. Patches welcome Wink
Previous Topic:Remote tracking not listing branches
Next Topic:Can't turn off Log Warnings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 30 02:28:52 EDT 2014