Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » E4 application project with JavaFX: Maven problem
E4 application project with JavaFX: Maven problem [message #1108761] Sat, 14 September 2013 10:01 Go to next message
Mar Ifla is currently offline Mar IflaFriend
Messages: 22
Registered: September 2013
Junior Member
I'm trying to build a E4 application project with JavaFX parts with Maven and running into problems.

I've created an "Eclipse 4 Application Project" my.test.app in Juno, created parts etc. It runs fine from Eclipse.

Now I'm trying to build it with Maven, so I've created a separate releng project my.test.app.releng, moved the product file there and converted both to Maven projects. I get a build success when doing a "clean install" on my.test.app (with packaging = pom).

When I try to do a maven build (clean install) on the releng project (with packaging = eclipse-repository) I get a build failure with these error messages:

Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-p2-publisher-plugin:0.16.0:publish-products (default-publish-products) on project my.test.app.releng: Exception while publishing product C:\workspace\my.test.app.releng\my.test.app.product: "publishing result": [

"Included element at.bestsolution.efxclipse.runtime.javafx 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element my.test.app 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element at.bestsolution.efxclipse.runtime.osgi 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.core.filesystem.aix.ppc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.core.filesystem.hpux.ia64_32 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.ppc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.x86_64 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.core.filesystem.macosx 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.core.filesystem.solaris.sparc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.core.filesystem.win32.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.core.resources.win32.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.carbon.macosx 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.cocoa.macosx 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.cocoa.macosx.x86_64 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.ppc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.ppc64 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.s390 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.s390x 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.gtk.solaris.sparc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.gtk.solaris.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.motif.aix.ppc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.motif.hpux.ia64_32 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.motif.linux.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.motif.solaris.sparc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.photon.qnx.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.", 
"Included element org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element."] 

-> [Help 1]


I'm new to RCP development and Maven, so I might overlook something obvious...

[Updated on: Mon, 16 September 2013 08:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: E4 application project with JavaFX: Maven problem [message #1109995 is a reply to message #1108761] Mon, 16 September 2013 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 5487
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 15.09.13 15:23, Mar Ifla wrote:
> I'm trying to build a E4 application project with JavaFX parts with
> Maven and running into problems.
>

So it is a mixed mode application? SWT & JavaFX?

> I've created an "Eclipse 4 Application Project" my.test.app in Juno,
> created parts etc. It runs fine from Eclipse.
>
> Now I'm trying to build it with Maven, so I've created a separate releng
> project my.test.app.releng, moved the product file there and converted
> both to Maven projects. I get a build success when doing a "clean
> install" on my.test.app (with packaging = pom).
>

Packageing should never be pom, not? For bundles it is "eclipse-plugin"!

> When I try to do a maven build (clean install) on the releng project
> (with packaging = eclipse-repository) I get a build failure these error
> messages:
>

Do you have target-platform-configuration entries in your root-pom.xml?

> Failed to execute goal
> org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-p2-publisher-plugin:0.16.0:publish-products
> (default-publish-products) on project my.test.app.releng: Exception
> while publishing product
> C:\workspace\my.test.app.releng\my.test.app.product: "publishing result": [
>
> "Included element at.bestsolution.efxclipse.runtime.javafx 0.0.0 is
> missing. Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element.",
> "Included element my.test.app 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter
> for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> at.bestsolution.efxclipse.runtime.osgi 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot
> determine filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.aix.ppc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.hpux.ia64_32 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot
> determine filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.ppc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.x86_64 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot
> determine filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.macosx 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.solaris.sparc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot
> determine filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.core.filesystem.win32.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.core.resources.win32.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.carbon.macosx 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter
> for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.cocoa.macosx 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter
> for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.cocoa.macosx.x86_64 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.ppc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter
> for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.ppc64 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.s390 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter
> for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.s390x 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter
> for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.gtk.solaris.sparc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.gtk.solaris.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.motif.aix.ppc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter
> for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.motif.hpux.ia64_32 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.motif.linux.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.motif.solaris.sparc 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.photon.qnx.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine filter
> for requirement to this element.", "Included element
> org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86 0.0.0 is missing. Cannot determine
> filter for requirement to this element."]
> -> [Help 1]
>
> I'm new to RCP development and Maven, so I might overlook something
> obvious...
Re: E4 application project with JavaFX: Maven problem [message #1110099 is a reply to message #1109995] Mon, 16 September 2013 11:17 Go to previous message
Mar Ifla is currently offline Mar IflaFriend
Messages: 22
Registered: September 2013
Junior Member
Thomas Schindl wrote on Mon, 16 September 2013 04:10
So it is a mixed mode application? SWT & JavaFX?

I've never heard about "mixed mode" before, but my application has JavaFX parts (injecting javafx.scene.layout.BorderPane) and SWT parts (injecting org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite).

Quote:
For bundles it is "eclipse-plugin"!

I changed to "eclipse-plugin". Same error messages.

Quote:
Do you have target-platform-configuration entries in your root-pom.xml?

I do:

<plugin>
	<groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
	<artifactId>target-platform-configuration</artifactId>
	<version>${tycho-version}</version>
	<configuration>
		<environments>
			<environment>
				<os>win32</os>
				<ws>win32</ws>
				<arch>x86</arch>
			</environment>
		</environments>
	</configuration>
</plugin>
Previous Topic:update problem
Next Topic:Dialoge
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Dec 18 17:27:57 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01688 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software