Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Jubula » Using stored values as Test Data of other TCs
Using stored values as Test Data of other TCs [message #1106564] Wed, 11 September 2013 09:01 Go to next message
Daniel Opitz is currently offline Daniel OpitzFriend
Hey,

I have following poblem: I want to use value 'X' stored in a variable 'A' by a test step of test case 'K' (ub_tbl_storeValueAtMousePosition, I read the value from a table component) in a fully different TC. Test case 'K' runs before test case 'L' and in 'L' I want to check if the component I'm testing has the name consisting of a string and the value 'X'. E.g. 'Length ${A} differs from the baseline'. How do I refer to the variable A correctly? ATM an empty string is entered and the test fails.

Cheers,
Daniel
Re: Using stored values as Test Data of other TCs [message #1110796 is a reply to message #1106564] Tue, 17 September 2013 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Have you checked whether the variable is being correctly saved? You could do a little test that saves the variable then does "check string values" to see what it has saved in it.

Keep us posted!
Alex
Re: Using stored values as Test Data of other TCs [message #1125216 is a reply to message #1110796] Fri, 04 October 2013 09:21 Go to previous message
Daniel Opitz is currently offline Daniel OpitzFriend
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response. I did the test as follows:
1. (Table) Select value from column
2. (Table) Move one cell to the right
3. (Table) Store value at mouse position [var name: renr]
4. (Application) Check string values [val1: $renr, val2op: equals, val2: 123456]

The test failed with check string values, because actual value was an empty string.

Cheers,
Daniel

Edit:
Using ${renr} as val1 doesn't work as well

[Updated on: Fri, 04 October 2013 09:23]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Get current time
Next Topic:Use of check text and not equal to operator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Nov 24 18:10:29 GMT 2014