Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » PDF Preview in Firefox 23.0.1 : Error on Opening in Acrobat Reader
PDF Preview in Firefox 23.0.1 : Error on Opening in Acrobat Reader [message #1106543] Wed, 11 September 2013 08:34 Go to next message
neha pawar is currently offline neha pawarFriend
I am trying to preview the Birt report in Eclipse as a PDF. When I set my browser to external browser Firefox version 23.0.1 then PDF preview is opened in Firefox but when i choose to download the PDF report and open in Acrobat reader, then I get an error like:There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.

Steps to reproduce.

1. Create a Birt report.
2. In Eclipse set Default Web Browser option to firefox (Fire Fox version should be 23.0.1).
3. Also in report Design Preview options choose always view in External browser. Also, ensure that Application Action for PDF in Firefox is set to preview in browser.
4. In Eclipse Choose to preview the report as View in PDF. PDF report preview is shown in browser.
5. Click on the option to download the report.
6. Either save the report and then open in acrobat reader, or directly open the report in acrobat reader.
7. Error shown as : There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.

Also, when we open the saved PDF file in a text pad, there is an extra line after EOF which contains just NULL values. If we edit the PDF file in text editor and remove the last line which contains just null values then the PDF report opens in Acrobat reader fine.

Please note Other reports downloaded from Internet using Firefox 23.0.1 are working fine.

Please note this error is not occurring with other browsers or version 22.0 of firefox.

Please note this issue is important for us because in our application we have an option for user to download report as PDF using a button which calls the /preview URL.

Also this issue is not observed if i use export functionality form Birt Web Viewer
Re: PDF Preview in Firefox 23.0.1 : Error on Opening in Acrobat Reader [message #1106852 is a reply to message #1106543] Wed, 11 September 2013 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

What is your BIRT version?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: PDF Preview in Firefox 23.0.1 : Error on Opening in Acrobat Reader [message #1106877 is a reply to message #1106852] Wed, 11 September 2013 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neha pawar is currently offline neha pawarFriend
I am using Birt 4.2.1

<property name="createdBy">Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 4.2.1.v201209101448 Build &lt;4.2.1.v20120912-1721></property>
Re: PDF Preview in Firefox 23.0.1 : Error on Opening in Acrobat Reader [message #1107228 is a reply to message #1106877] Thu, 12 September 2013 05:36 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Yeah. I see the same and not just with Adobe Reader. If you run to the web viewer, then export the report to PDF, this doesn't happen. The same happens in 4.3 as well. Please log a bug for this in the bugzilla and post the bug info in here. Thanks!

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:EXCEPTION - "optional metadata of column 1 are not available"
Next Topic:Why does custom date format 'EEE' show day of week number?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:09:15 GMT 2024