Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Slightly offtopic: graphical representation of XMI model
Slightly offtopic: graphical representation of XMI model [message #1105357] Mon, 09 September 2013 18:55 Go to next message
Martin Hoppen is currently offline Martin HoppenFriend
Hi there, I'm new to ATL and Eclipse and followed the tutorial to create my own metamodels and a transformation in between. Furthermore, I created a conforming model file using the XMI editors found in Eclipse (I tested and used Generic EMF Form Editor, MoDisco Model Browser and Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor). However, for presentation purpose, I'd like to get a more UML-diagram-like graphical representation of my model - just like for the metamodels. In principle, an XMI-based model that conforms to a metamodel should be representable as something like an UML object diagram that conforms to a given class diagram.

My question: Is there any Eclipse plugin that is able to display the contents of an XMI file as an ECORE object diagram conforming to its ECORE-based metamodel?

Many thanks,
Martin
Re: Slightly offtopic: graphical representation of XMI model [message #1105690 is a reply to message #1105357] Tue, 10 September 2013 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

The building of graphical editors for models is the specific purpose of dedicated Eclipse projects.
If you are interested in the topic, I encourage you to follow what is going on concerning the newly created Sirius project.
Also other projects such as Graphiti exists in this area.

Best regards,

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
--------------------------------------------------------
Re: Slightly offtopic: graphical representation of XMI model [message #1105773 is a reply to message #1105690] Tue, 10 September 2013 08:59 Go to previous message
Martin Hoppen is currently offline Martin HoppenFriend
Thank you very much for your answer. I was more looking for some editor that comes out-of-the-box. Doing some more research I found dynamicgmf dot sourceforge.net. Its seems to be exactly what I'm looking for: Provide a generic object diagram like notation for ECORE metamodels. Sadly, it seems discontiued.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 September 2013 08:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:how to use primitiveTypes, OclAny, OclVoid in ATL rules
Next Topic:Similarity Flooding ATL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:21:11 GMT 2024