Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How make application like Eclipse?(Eclipse mini)
How make application like Eclipse? [message #1099313] Sun, 01 September 2013 13:36 Go to next message
Andrzej Borucki is currently offline Andrzej BoruckiFriend
I want make DVD Catalog application using SWT. This application will like to Eclipse: advanced GUI, main skeleton + plugin manager and plugins for reading zip,arj,tar contents (and several functionality in plugins). I plan use SWT + JFace + another jars of Eclipse. Which at least/minimal jars of Eclipse I must use to manage of plugins?
Re: How make application like Eclipse? [message #1102119 is a reply to message #1099313] Thu, 05 September 2013 11:42 Go to previous message
Alan DW is currently offline Alan DWFriend
Hi,

I'm not the greatest expert on Eclipse tech, but what you need sounds a lot like Eclipse-RCP to me. Basically, it provides you the plug-in mechanism, window mechanisms and all the other stuff you love about your eclipse, just without "content". You can find plenty of tutorials on the web, for example this one: http://www.vogella.com/articles/Eclipse3RCP/article.html

Your Eclipse-RCP-Application will *only* contain the plug-ins that you select yourself (and the ones that your selected plug-ins depend on, of course). Is that what you need?

Best regards,

Alan
Previous Topic:Equinox OSGi Framework Launcher
Next Topic:discouraged access to classes from plugin.xml
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Nov 27 18:48:15 GMT 2014