Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Java WorkFlow Tooling (JWT) » Relationships with other Eclipse projects
Relationships with other Eclipse projects [message #15540] Mon, 16 January 2006 08:57 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: allenmacyoung.gmail.com

The project home page said that "The core of WE tools is made with GEF
framework and an extension of the basic XML editor example (to show the
source). "

But from my experience, to reuse the wtp's xml editor is a better idea. And
this is what I have just done as you can see it from my source code.

The wtp's xml editor is much more powerful and the sample xml editor and
it's not difficult to merge graph view of workflow designing to it. My guys
and I have experience on this and we have the source code. This will save a
lot of time and resources.

I think the right we is to reuse wtp's xml editor which in other words is to
use Elune workflow designer as the basic framework. We can implement BMPN on
it and also something further.

The only problem is that if we do it this way, WE will make a dependency on
wtp. In my opinion, this is acceptable. Actually, we just use the xml editor
part of wtp, we can spearate it from wtp and make it our own. That is what
MyEclipse does.
Re: Relationships with other Eclipse projects [message #15572 is a reply to message #15540] Mon, 16 January 2006 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: fabrice.dewasmes.openwide.fr

Allen Young wrote:
> The project home page said that "The core of WE tools is made with GEF
> framework and an extension of the basic XML editor example (to show the
> source). "
>
> But from my experience, to reuse the wtp's xml editor is a better idea. And
> this is what I have just done as you can see it from my source code.

Allen, you're cutting the grass just under my feet :) In fact, I was
planning to send an email this morning to propose this. WTP XML editor
is really valuable for us. Indeed it also solves what guennadi expressed
when he asked for an easy way to edit XML.

>
> The wtp's xml editor is much more powerful and the sample xml editor and
> it's not difficult to merge graph view of workflow designing to it. My guys
> and I have experience on this and we have the source code. This will save a
> lot of time and resources.

This is REALLY a good news. Sorry, but I haven't found time yet to
examine your code contribution. My bad :$. I will try to look at every
code contribution today.

>
> I think the right we is to reuse wtp's xml editor which in other words is to
> use Elune workflow designer as the basic framework. We can implement BMPN on
> it and also something further.

this can be an idea. Let me just check what you've done.
>
> The only problem is that if we do it this way, WE will make a dependency on
> wtp. In my opinion, this is acceptable. Actually, we just use the xml editor
> part of wtp, we can spearate it from wtp and make it our own. That is what
> MyEclipse does.

This is definitely not a problem. On the contrary, depending on WTP
seems sane to me. I have to add this in the proposal. I'm going to make
all the changes on the proposal today.


Thanks for your feedback

Fabrice
>
>
Re: Relationships with other Eclipse projects [message #17524 is a reply to message #15572] Mon, 16 January 2006 22:14 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: vgv8.yahoo.com.br

> planning to send an email this morning to propose this. WTP XML editor is
> really valuable for us. Indeed it also solves what guennadi expressed when
> he asked for an easy way to edit XML.

Both package and process areas (in parole of JaWE) should be edited on the
fly and permit interpretation of pluggable XSDs (or whatever).

I already do not remember what I said and whom but it is MUST in my prj
requirements! I am happy that you read my mind

I go to look WTP XML Editor now!

Guennadi Vanine
PS
It is better to have relationship than integration
Previous Topic:Has anyone looked into Imixs. <Open Source Workflow/> .org
Next Topic:new version of the proposal
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 19 20:27:16 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01677 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software