Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Installing Eclipse Standard 4.3 (Kepler) + CDT Plugin on Ubuntu 13.0.4
Installing Eclipse Standard 4.3 (Kepler) + CDT Plugin on Ubuntu 13.0.4 [message #1098862] Sat, 31 August 2013 20:29 Go to next message
Nabil G is currently offline Nabil GFriend
hi,
apologise if this question was already addressed in the past,but i fail to find a solution.
I recently installed the Eclipse Standard 4.3 for Linux/32bits (Kepler)
Since i am working with Java as well as C++ i don't intend to have a separate installation foreach. To do that, I installed the CDT plugin (since i did not really know which was needed, i selected all).
To test it, I created a HelloWorld C++ project and customised the C++/C building paths as shown on the attached screenshot such that Eclipse does not complain about syntax. Unfortunately when i try to compile the project, it fails with the following error message, trying somehow to access some Java. I must have screwed things at some stage.
Does someone know what could be wrong here? I could of course try to have two installations, one for c++ and another for java, but i would prefer to have one with the appropriate additional plugins, since it's more convenient.
Thanks for any valuable hint.

Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'CDT Builder' on project 'HelloWorld'.
Internal error building project HelloWorld configuration Debug
java.lang.NullPointerException
Internal error building project HelloWorld configuration Debug
java.lang.NullPointerException

index.php/fa/16078/0/
  • Attachment: PA5.png
    (Size: 122.44KB, Downloaded 2116 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 31 August 2013 22:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Installing Eclipse Standard 4.3 (Kepler) + CDT Plugin on Ubuntu 13.0.4 [message #1100967 is a reply to message #1098862] Tue, 03 September 2013 21:22 Go to previous message
Nabil G is currently offline Nabil GFriend
Hi,
I am sending my question again. I would really appreciate if someone had some tip i could apply in my case. I am running Ubuntu 13.04/java version "1.7.0_25"
and I can see that Eclipse 4.2 (Juno, C++)works fine, whereas with Eclipse 4.3, C++ i get the same error as the one i reported if i use the Standard 4.3 to which i add the CDT.
Could someone who managed to install things consistently tell me what could be wrong in my case?
I don't really understand why for Juno, i don't even need to set the path to the gcc headers, whereas for Kepler, i have to. Moreover, i cannot even compile.
thanks a lot for the feedback.
Previous Topic:debug java and ndk both
Next Topic:[SOLVED] debugger suddenly stopped working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:06:29 GMT 2024