Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » [Solved] Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe
[Solved] Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1097791] Fri, 30 August 2013 06:51 Go to next message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2012
Junior Member
Hello,

I'm creating my application using Eclipse Juno.
In eclipse everything works well. I have my 6 or 7 bundle interacting correctly with each other within a custom eclipse e4 application.

I tried to export the main application as an exe file.
The exe file is generated, I can run it, but the problem is :
I only have the main application. My bundles (weither they are contributing to the UI or not) doesn't start.

So I went and look inside the plugins folder of the exported app. I does not contain my custom bundle. I tried to manually copy them inside the directory, but no better.
Should I modify the config.ini in the configuration folder ?

Is there any trick to export those in eclipse.
Please note, that I don't want to add these bundles in the required-bundle because they definitely are not required.

Any advice ?
Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 25 September 2013 21:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1097862 is a reply to message #1097791] Fri, 30 August 2013 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Messages: 477
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
How did you build your product?

Am 30.08.2013 08:51, schrieb ALex W:
> Hello,
>
> I'm creating my application using Eclipse Juno.
> In eclipse everything works well. I have my 6 or 7 bundle interacting
> correctly with each other within a custom eclipse e4 application.
>
> I tried to export the main application as an exe file.
> The exe file is generated, I can run it, but the problem is :
> I only have the main application. My bundles (weither they are
> contributing to the UI or not) doesn't start.
>
> So I went and look inside the plugins folder of the exported app. I does
> not contain my custom bundle. I tried to manually copy them inside the
> directory, but no better.
> Should I modify the config.ini in the configuration folder ?
> Is there any trick to export those in eclipse.
> Please note, that I don't want to add these bundles in the
> required-bundle because they definitely are not required.
>
> Any advice ?
> Thanks
Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1097883 is a reply to message #1097791] Fri, 30 August 2013 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2012
Junior Member
Hello,

I used the features in eclipse. Exporting using the product file of my main application (export wizard if I recall the name correctly).
Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1099770 is a reply to message #1097883] Mon, 02 September 2013 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Messages: 477
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Have you added your custom bundle to the product? Have you validated
your product configuration?

Am 30.08.2013 11:30, schrieb ALex W:
> Hello,
>
> I used the features in eclipse. Exporting using the product file of my
> main application (export wizard if I recall the name correctly).
Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1100119 is a reply to message #1099770] Mon, 02 September 2013 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2012
Junior Member
I'm not sure what you mean.
- My bundles are listed in the run configuration.
- They are not in the product dependencies, since I can't make them required.

Everything goes well in eclipse, not when exported... I can't see the eclipse custom parts or menu...
The customs bundles are listed in my config.ini, and present in the plugins directory.
There is no log file in the workspace directory...
Is there any way to add them as optional plugins or something ?

thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 02 September 2013 18:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1100143 is a reply to message #1100119] Mon, 02 September 2013 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2012
Junior Member
Ok I'm moving forward. I just realize that there is 2 buttons in the product dependencies "Add" and "Add required"... It seems to be working now.

I'm still having some ClassNotFound issues. I probably have to export bin folder in the build
Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1100149 is a reply to message #1100143] Mon, 02 September 2013 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2012
Junior Member
Ok... adding the bin to the export int the build.properties didn't solve the issue. Any idea ?

My fragments are loaded properly because I can see the new tabs in the Partstack.
I also checked by unzipping the Jar file which was giving the ClassNotFound exception, and the class is inside.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 September 2013 19:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1100609 is a reply to message #1100149] Tue, 03 September 2013 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Messages: 477
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Which classes cannot be found?

Am 02.09.2013 21:01, schrieb ALex W:
> Ok... adding the bin to the export int the build.properties didn't solve
> the issue. Any idea ?
Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1100830 is a reply to message #1100609] Tue, 03 September 2013 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2012
Junior Member
A custom class defining an eclipse Part. A simple Pojo class actually...
Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1101534 is a reply to message #1100830] Wed, 04 September 2013 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Messages: 477
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Have you exported into a completly empty folder?
Does it work when you start from the IDE?

Am 03.09.2013 18:59, schrieb ALex W:
> A custom class defining an eclipse Part. A simple Pojo class actually...
>
Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1101739 is a reply to message #1101534] Wed, 04 September 2013 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2012
Junior Member
Yes, I exported to a completely empty folder.
Evertyhing works well in the IDE.

My plugin has the option "Activate this plug-in when one of its classes is loaded" selected. So I'm not sure why it doesn't work...
Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1101750 is a reply to message #1101739] Wed, 04 September 2013 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 5462
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Upper vs lower case if you are on win32? In the IDE stuff is loaded from
the filesystem and freaking windows has not upper/lowercase support
whereas when loading from a jar upper/lower matter.

Tom

On 05.09.13 00:27, ALex W wrote:
> Yes, I exported to a completely empty folder.
> Evertyhing works well in the IDE.
>
> My plugin has the option "Activate this plug-in when one of its classes
> is loaded" selected. So I'm not sure why it doesn't work...
Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1101751 is a reply to message #1101750] Wed, 04 September 2013 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 5462
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
you can also launch with -console -noexit and see what you can find out
at the OSGi-Console.

Tom

On 05.09.13 00:50, Tom Schindl wrote:
> Upper vs lower case if you are on win32? In the IDE stuff is loaded from
> the filesystem and freaking windows has not upper/lowercase support
> whereas when loading from a jar upper/lower matter.
>
> Tom
>
> On 05.09.13 00:27, ALex W wrote:
>> Yes, I exported to a completely empty folder.
>> Evertyhing works well in the IDE.
>>
>> My plugin has the option "Activate this plug-in when one of its classes
>> is loaded" selected. So I'm not sure why it doesn't work...
>
Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1102004 is a reply to message #1101751] Thu, 05 September 2013 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Messages: 477
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I think ANT on windows has also problems with whitespaces, either in the
eclipse path or in the workspace path

Am 05.09.2013 00:52, schrieb Tom Schindl:
> you can also launch with -console -noexit and see what you can find out
> at the OSGi-Console.
>
> Tom
>
> On 05.09.13 00:50, Tom Schindl wrote:
>> Upper vs lower case if you are on win32? In the IDE stuff is loaded from
>> the filesystem and freaking windows has not upper/lowercase support
>> whereas when loading from a jar upper/lower matter.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On 05.09.13 00:27, ALex W wrote:
>>> Yes, I exported to a completely empty folder.
>>> Evertyhing works well in the IDE.
>>>
>>> My plugin has the option "Activate this plug-in when one of its classes
>>> is loaded" selected. So I'm not sure why it doesn't work...
>>
>
Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1102034 is a reply to message #1102004] Thu, 05 September 2013 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2012
Junior Member
I will check your suggestion as soon as possible and let you know.
Thanks
Re: Eclipse e4 - No bundle loaded after exporting to exe [message #1116798 is a reply to message #1102034] Wed, 25 September 2013 21:15 Go to previous message
ALex W is currently offline ALex WFriend
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2012
Junior Member
Hi,

Just to you know I found the solution.

Every project for my bundles had 2 separates source folder : src and ui.
At export, src was exported, but not ui. That why I had the java.lang.ClassNotFoundException.

To solve this, I had to add the following entry in the build.properties :
source.. = src/,\
           ui/


And it now works great.
Previous Topic:Create product with resources
Next Topic:e4 compat layer and programmatic Action contributions.
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Nov 22 15:51:44 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03838 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software