Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » Problem with plugin-based products
Problem with plugin-based products [message #1096404] Wed, 28 August 2013 10:48 Go to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike Stepper
Messages: 5545
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

Can someone make a sense out of this error?

Project refresh on org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2-feature failed: No component named
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2-feature is known to Buckminster
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MissingComponentException: No component named
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2-feature is known to Buckminster
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.LocalResolver.fromPath(LocalResolver.java:179)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.LocalResolver.fromPath(LocalResolver.java:185)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer.refreshProject(MetadataSynchronizer.java:295)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer$MetadataRefreshJob.run(MetadataSynchronizer.java:126)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)

The error message "No component named org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2-feature is known to Buckminster" is
strange because that is indeed not a component ID but rather a project name (not identical). Is that a bug in Buckminster?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper
Re: Problem with plugin-based products [message #1100671 is a reply to message #1096404] Tue, 03 September 2013 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo Bettini
Messages: 1370
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

do you get this problem in the workbench or headlessly?
In the workbench I usually get these problems when I refactor (rename) a
project...

cheers
Lorenzo

On 08/28/2013 12:48 PM, Eike Stepper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone make a sense out of this error?
>
> Project refresh on org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2-feature
> failed: No component named
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2-feature is known to Buckminster
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MissingComponentException: No
> component named org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2-feature is
> known to Buckminster
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.LocalResolver.fromPath(LocalResolver.java:179)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.LocalResolver.fromPath(LocalResolver.java:185)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer.refreshProject(MetadataSynchronizer.java:295)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer$MetadataRefreshJob.run(MetadataSynchronizer.java:126)
>
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
>
> The error message "No component named
> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2-feature is known to
> Buckminster" is strange because that is indeed not a component ID but
> rather a project name (not identical). Is that a bug in Buckminster?
>
> Cheers
> /Eike
>
> ----
> http://www.esc-net.de
> http://thegordian.blogspot.com
> http://twitter.com/eikestepper
>
>


--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Re: Problem with plugin-based products [message #1100711 is a reply to message #1100671] Tue, 03 September 2013 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike Stepper
Messages: 5545
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 03.09.2013 14:25, schrieb Lorenzo Bettini:
> Hi
>
> do you get this problem in the workbench or headlessly?
Hmm, can't remember now that a week has passed ;-(

> In the workbench I usually get these problems when I refactor (rename) a
> project...
The same problem? With "-feature" appended to a *product name* ?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper


>
> cheers
> Lorenzo
>
> On 08/28/2013 12:48 PM, Eike Stepper wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can someone make a sense out of this error?
>>
>> Project refresh on org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2-feature
>> failed: No component named
>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2-feature is known to Buckminster
>> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MissingComponentException: No
>> component named org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2-feature is
>> known to Buckminster
>> at
>> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.LocalResolver.fromPath(LocalResolver.java:179)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.LocalResolver.fromPath(LocalResolver.java:185)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer.refreshProject(MetadataSynchronizer.java:295)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer$MetadataRefreshJob.run(MetadataSynchronizer.java:126)
>>
>> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
>>
>> The error message "No component named
>> org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.product.tcp_h2-feature is known to
>> Buckminster" is strange because that is indeed not a component ID but
>> rather a project name (not identical). Is that a bug in Buckminster?
>>
>> Cheers
>> /Eike
>>
>> ----
>> http://www.esc-net.de
>> http://thegordian.blogspot.com
>> http://twitter.com/eikestepper
>>
>>
>
Re: Problem with plugin-based products [message #1100728 is a reply to message #1100711] Tue, 03 September 2013 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo Bettini
Messages: 1370
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 09/03/2013 03:32 PM, Eike Stepper wrote:
> Am 03.09.2013 14:25, schrieb Lorenzo Bettini:
>> Hi
>>
>> do you get this problem in the workbench or headlessly?
> Hmm, can't remember now that a week has passed ;-(
>
>> In the workbench I usually get these problems when I refactor (rename) a
>> project...
> The same problem? With "-feature" appended to a *product name* ?

No, in my case such problems happen if I rename a project or if I move
the project to a different location (with "Refactor"). When this
happens, in the workbench, I have to delete the project from the
workspace, restart Eclipse, and the reimport the project...


--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
XTEXT BOOK:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book
Re: Problem with plugin-based products [message #1100746 is a reply to message #1100728] Tue, 03 September 2013 14:38 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike Stepper
Messages: 5545
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 03.09.2013 16:04, schrieb Lorenzo Bettini:
> No, in my case such problems happen if I rename a project or if I move the project to a different location (with
> "Refactor"). When this happens, in the workbench, I have to delete the project from the workspace, restart Eclipse,
> and the reimport the project...

No, that's different. Although I know that problem too.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper
Previous Topic:Setting an artifact repository property on site.p2 build
Next Topic:Trigger Eclipse Compiler Log generation in Headless Build
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Oct 25 16:52:12 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.16847 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software