Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » testing a transformation
testing a transformation [message #1095057] Mon, 26 August 2013 15:03 Go to next message
Chandrakana NandiFriend
Hello Everyone,

I am really new to Epsilon and am a bit lost.I am not very familiar with testing either. Could anyone please tell me how I can test my model transformation? Lets say, I have two meta models, M1 and M2 and a transformation in ETL from M1 to M2. I have a file where I have an model that conforms to M1. Now, I want to input this file to the ETL application that I have written and I want to see the output file that I get.

Could someone kindly guide me in this process?

I will really appreciate some help.

Thank you so much and looking forward to hearing from someone Smile

Best regards,
Chandrakana.
Re: testing a transformation [message #1095549 is a reply to message #1095057] Tue, 27 August 2013 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chandrakana NandiFriend
Okay, I already found the answer here : http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/cinema
It is an excellent video tutorial Smile
Re: testing a transformation [message #1095731 is a reply to message #1095549] Tue, 27 August 2013 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Chandrakana,

Thanks. I'm glad the tutorial helped!

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: testing a transformation [message #1095750 is a reply to message #1095731] Tue, 27 August 2013 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chandrakana NandiFriend
Hi Dimitris,

However, I have another question now. I have written a transformation and also a JUnit test to check if the transformation works for a simple hello-world model. I have the helloworld code conforming to the input meta-model and I also know the output code that I expect from my transformation. However, in the tutorial it shows that in a source folder named model, they have stored the tree.model and graph-expected.model files.

Could you please tell me how I can generate the .model files? What I mean is, if I have a file that conforms to an xml meta-model and I want to generate a file conforming to some model X (say), then how will I get the .model file from the .xml file?

Thank you so much,
Best,
Chandrakana.
Re: testing a transformation [message #1096431 is a reply to message #1095750] Wed, 28 August 2013 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chandrakana NandiFriend
Hi Dimitris,

Could you please take a look at my last question? I am not able to understand how I can get the models conforming to my metamodel Sad

Basically, I have codes in text format that conform to the metamodels that I am dealing with. In this case, how can I test my transformation?

Thank you so much in advance,
Best,
Chandrakana
Re: testing a transformation [message #1096445 is a reply to message #1096431] Wed, 28 August 2013 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi,

Does this help?

http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/reflective-emf-tutorial/

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: testing a transformation [message #1096477 is a reply to message #1096445] Wed, 28 August 2013 12:52 Go to previous message
Chandrakana NandiFriend
Oh yes!! Thank you very very much Dimitris Smile This is exactly what I was looking for.

Best Regards,
Chandrakana.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 August 2013 12:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:ETL Transformation incase of more than one package
Next Topic:Cloning elements in ETL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:36:51 GMT 2024