Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Editors not restored on restart, not saved in workbench.xmi (new in 4.3)
Editors not restored on restart, not saved in workbench.xmi (new in 4.3) [message #1092488] Thu, 22 August 2013 21:42 Go to next message
Ryan Mising name is currently offline Ryan Mising nameFriend
Greetings. I work on an editor plugin, and since the 4.x stream we have run on the compatibility layer. Since I've migrated to the latest Kepler release, I am not seeing open editors restored on a restart of Eclipse. Taking a look in the workbench.xmi file, the editors open are clearly not being saved.

When working in a 4.2.1 build, the editors are saved in workbench.xmi, and thus they are being restored on a restart of Eclipse. Using the same source code for the editor plugin, and launching a debug instance with the same workspace.

Is there anything that could have changed in 4.2->4.3 that may have caused this? It could be something that changed that we were maybe getting away with in 4.2. I have come up empty so far. It doesn't seem to be a general problem with any CompatibilityEditor, because the JDT editor does not have this problem. Any help is appreciated...thanks.

- Ryan
Re: Editors not restored on restart, not saved in workbench.xmi (new in 4.3) [message #1095221 is a reply to message #1092488] Mon, 26 August 2013 19:59 Go to previous message
Eric Moffatt is currently offline Eric MoffattFriend
Are your editors onto 'resources' (i.e. files) ? We haven't heard of this being a general issue so I'm
guessing that all the EPP editors work...Wink.

One possibility is that you're not storing enough information to be able to re-locate the editor's 'input'. Another is that the system somehow thinks your editors are to 'external' resources (these are explicitly removed on close).
Previous Topic:PropertyDialog for e4 app
Next Topic:Dependency Injection problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:50:17 GMT 2024