Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Transposing data to show month-on-month variance(Converting rows of (monthly) historic data)
Transposing data to show month-on-month variance [message #1092481] Thu, 22 August 2013 21:29 Go to next message
Wheeler 77 is currently offline Wheeler 77
Hi,

I am trying to produce a report that does the following (simplified example for illustrative purposes):

1. Take a data file containing historic energy consumption organised into 3 columns:

Energy Meter Name (100 Meters)
    Month (13 months)
    Consumption

The data is arranged with multiple rows of data for each Meter - i.e. 13 rows of consumption data for each of the 100 Meters (so a total of 1300 rows of data).

2. Producing an output report that shows the following

Column 1: Energy Meter Name
    Column 2: Consumption from most recent month (Month x)
    Column 3: Consumption from previous month (Month x -1)
    Column 4: Consumption from corresponding month from previous year (Month - 12)
    Column 5: Monthly variance (Column 2 - Column 3)
    Column 6: Annual variance (Column 2 - Column 4)

This would therefore equate to 100 lines of data. I am OK with Columns 5 and 6... but I am struggling to transpose the data to get Columns 2, 3 and 4. Any advice / ideas would be most welcome!!

Many thanks.
Re: Transposing data to show month-on-month variance [message #1093056 is a reply to message #1092481] Fri, 23 August 2013 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael Williams

You might take a look at these devShare posts from BIRT Exchange:

BIRT Exchange DevShare - Transposed Data Sets

AND

BIRT Exchange DevShare - Transposing Data

Hope these help. Let me know if they don't, I'll take a closer look at helping you transform your data.

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Re: Transposing data to show month-on-month variance [message #1321483 is a reply to message #1093056] Tue, 29 April 2014 10:07 Go to previous message
Syed Shah is currently offline Syed Shah
Hi,

In the example submitted by mblock, I cannot see the script for the scripted data source. I am using eclipse BIRT designer to open it. Can you please help me

Arif
Previous Topic:BIRT designer questions
Next Topic:&__action=print not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 23 17:24:54 GMT 2014