Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Error Log - Problem occurred when invoking org.eclipse.ui.navigator(Error Log - Problem occurred when invoking org.eclipse.ui.navigator)
Error Log - Problem occurred when invoking org.eclipse.ui.navigator [message #1092390] Thu, 22 August 2013 18:33 Go to next message
Shannon Sims is currently offline Shannon SimsFriend
Hi everyone, this is my first post so I hope I'm in the right forum.

Just days ago, I download and installed Kepler. I created a simple Dynamic Web Project with an index.html and a Hello.java with a main method. I can run the project and see the html fine. However, for some reason, I'm not seeing the Hello.class file anywhere in the project. The default output folder is JBossTest/build/classes. I did a clean and build, but still no classes. So, I thinking this is due to the following error in the Error Log (see below).

How can I resolve this issue or can this be ignored? If this can be ignored, is there any other reason why I'm not seeing the class file in the classes directory?

Thanks for viewing my post!

Environment:
Eclipse Kepler Build id: 20130614-0229
JBoss 7.1.1 Final
Java JDK 1.6.0_45
Windows 7 SP 1

Error Log:
eclipse.buildId=4.3.0.I20130605-2000
java.version=1.6.0_45
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

Error
Sun Aug 18 12:30:39 CDT 2013
Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.ui.navigator".

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: No property tester contributes a property org.eclipse.core.resources.open to type class org.eclipse.jst.jee.ui.internal.navigator.web.WebAppProvider
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.TypeExtensionManager.getProperty(TypeExtensionManager.java:123)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.TestExpression.evaluate(TestExpression.java:96)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.CompositeExpression.evaluateAnd(CompositeExpression.java:53)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.AndExpression.evaluate(AndExpression.java:29)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.CompositeExpression.evaluateOr(CompositeExpression.java:68)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.OrExpression.evaluate(OrExpression.java:21)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.CompositeExpression.evaluateAnd(CompositeExpression.java:53)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.EnablementExpression.evaluate(EnablementExpression.java:53)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.NavigatorPlugin$Evaluator.run(NavigatorPlugin.java:245)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.NavigatorPlugin.safeEvaluate(NavigatorPlugin.java:260)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.actions.CommonActionProviderDescriptor.isEnabledFor(CommonActionProviderDescriptor.java:235)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.actions.CommonActionDescriptorManager.addProviderIfRelevant(CommonActionDescriptorManager.java:258)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.actions.CommonActionDescriptorManager.findRelevantActionDescriptors(CommonActionDescriptorManager.java:235)
at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.NavigatorActionService.fillActionBars(NavigatorActionService.java:248)
at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonNavigatorManager.selectionChanged(CommonNavigatorManager.java:222)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer$2.run(Viewer.java:164)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer.fireSelectionChanged(Viewer.java:162)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.updateSelection(StructuredViewer.java:2188)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleSelect(StructuredViewer.java:1211)
at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonViewer.handleSelect(CommonViewer.java:478)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetSelected(StructuredViewer.java:1241)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:239)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$4(OpenStrategy.java:233)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:403)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:610)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)
Re: Error Log - Problem occurred when invoking org.eclipse.ui.navigator [message #1103283 is a reply to message #1092390] Fri, 06 September 2013 15:21 Go to previous message
Roberto Sanchez Herrera is currently offline Roberto Sanchez HerreraFriend
Hello,

That error is reported in the bugzilla 410647 and should not be cause of not finding the .class file.

Where are you looking for Hello.class? Are you using the Project explorer? If yes, then the output folders are filtered by default. To display the contents of the output folder in the project explorer view, open the View menu (a little triangle at the top-right side of the Project Explorer view) and select Customize View, and clear the Java output folder option.

Hope this helps.
Previous Topic:Turn off auto update
Next Topic:customizing conext menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:54:02 GMT 2024