Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Real-Time Software Components (RTSC) » RTSC lesson 1 test launch loader error(RTSC Lesson 1 fails to load/run using gmake test)
RTSC lesson 1 test launch loader error [message #1091307] Wed, 21 August 2013 10:16 Go to next message
Lance Jump is currently offline Lance Jump
Messages: 1
Registered: August 2013
Junior Member
Running the test application in lesson 1 of RTSC (http://rtsc.eclipse.org/docs-tip/RTSC_Module_Primer/Lesson_1) fails. Below is the transcript of the session:

user:~/TST/RTSCexamples/lesson1$ gmake all
'/opt/ti/xdctools_3_25_00_48'/xs xdc.tools.configuro -c '/opt/ti/ccsv5/tools/compiler/c6000_7.4.2' -t ti.targets.C64P -p ti.platforms.sim64Pxx -o cfgsite prog.cfg
making package.mak (because of package.bld) ...
generating interfaces for package cfgsite (because package/package.xdc.inc is older than package.xdc) ...
configuring prog.x64P from package/cfg/prog_p64P.cfg ...
cl64P package/cfg/prog_p64P.c ...
'/opt/ti/ccsv5/tools/compiler/c6000_7.4.2'/bin/cl6x -q -@cfgsite/compiler.opt -c prog.c
'/opt/ti/ccsv5/tools/compiler/c6000_7.4.2'/bin/cl6x -q -z -c prog.obj cfgsite/linker.cmd -o prog.out -l '/opt/ti/ccsv5/tools/compiler/c6000_7.4.2'/lib/rts64plus.lib
user:~/TST/RTSCexamples/lesson1$ gmake test
'/opt/ti/xdctools_3_25_00_48'/xs xdc.tools.loader prog.out
js: "/opt/ti/xdctools_3_25_00_48/packages/xdc/tools/loader/Main.xs", line 59: XDC runtime error: wrong type of argument: __params
gmake: *** [test] Error 1


I am a newbie with RTSC, which is why I am doing the lessons, but I believe I have tracked it down to a mismatch in the formal and actual parameters in the call to create in the platform instance in xdc.tools.loader.Main.xs:

    m = versStat.output.match(/__PLAT__ = (.+)$/m);
    if (!m) {
        inst.cmdr.error("program file contains no platform information");
    }

    var platMod = xdc.useModule(m[1] + '.Platform');
    var platInst = platMod.create("", null);


I think platMod.create eventually resolves to xdc.platform.IPlatform (from sim64Pxxx) where create takes only one parameter:

instance:
    /*!
     *  ======== create ========
     *  Constructor for IPlatform instances.
     *
     *  @param(name)	the name of the platform instance being created
     *
     *			This name is the suffix of the platform
     *			specification supplied in the build script after
     *			the platform name (and optional ':') prefix has
     *		        been removed.  So the platform instance name
     *			"joes.platform.foo:bar" results in the name "bar"
     *			and the name "joes.platform.foo" result in the name
     *			"".
     */
    create(string name);


I change the last line shown in Main.xs to:

var platInst = platMod.create("");

and the program ran properly. I'm not sure if I have made a correct change or if I am just doing something wrong. Please let me know.
Re: RTSC lesson 1 test launch loader error [message #1092480 is a reply to message #1091307] Thu, 22 August 2013 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sasha Slijepcevic is currently offline Sasha Slijepcevic
Messages: 89
Registered: July 2009
Member
Lance,
your fix is correct. We made some changes in the platform API for XDCtools 3.25, but the package xdc.tools.loader wasn't updated accordingly. The fix will be added in one of the future releases.

Thanks,
Sasha
Re: RTSC lesson 1 test launch loader error [message #1115823 is a reply to message #1092480] Tue, 24 September 2013 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sasha Slijepcevic is currently offline Sasha Slijepcevic
Messages: 89
Registered: July 2009
Member
The fix will be in XDCtools 3.25.04, scheduled for the end of September.
Re: RTSC lesson 1 test launch loader error [message #1219972 is a reply to message #1091307] Sat, 07 December 2013 18:42 Go to previous message
Mihai Dragan is currently offline Mihai Dragan
Messages: 1
Registered: December 2013
Junior Member

I searched quite a bit until I found this thread.
This was quite a frustrating issue - it's solved now with what Lance suggested.

Thanks for benevolently posting this fix Very Happy
Previous Topic:.o prefix in object files extention
Next Topic:XsScript debugging in Eclipse
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Sep 18 05:48:50 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02673 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software