Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Teneo] Example download
[Teneo] Example download [message #1090410] Tue, 20 August 2013 05:07 Go to next message
John D is currently offline John DFriend
Messages: 6
Registered: August 2013
Junior Member
Could someone please help me how to download the teneo/eclipse example ?

The CVS link from below does not seem to work
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Teneo/EclipseLink#Obtaining_the_Example

Thanks,
John D
Re: [Teneo] Example download [message #1091696 is a reply to message #1090410] Wed, 21 August 2013 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Messages: 5340
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi John,
Teneo-Eclipselink integration is not supported. The one to use is this one:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Teneo/Hibernate

Or if you prefer EclipseLink in combination with EMF you can take a look at the Texo project:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Texo

gr. Martin

On 08/21/2013 05:41 PM, John D wrote:
> Could someone please help me how to download the teneo/eclipse example ?
>
> The CVS link from below does not seem to work
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Teneo/EclipseLink#Obtaining_the_Example
>
> Thanks,
> John D


--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: [Teneo] Example download [message #1092216 is a reply to message #1091696] Thu, 22 August 2013 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John D is currently offline John DFriend
Messages: 6
Registered: August 2013
Junior Member
Thanks a lot Martin for the info.

I did try out Texo before, but I faced a couple of issues with it like below

1. Maintain a separate set of model elements which do not follow the same hierarchy as my original model. eg: If I have a case like
interface C extends A,B {}
in EMF,but Texo generated
class C extends A
but all the properties of B were copied to C. So when I read from the database, I cannot cast C to B.

2. I do not need a JSON serialization of the data as I have a standalone RCP applicaiton.

So far from what I have tried with Teneo(thanks to the pointer to the teneo/hibernate tutorials Smile) it looks pretty good to me. So we are positive about adopting Teneo in our project now. However, we are still trying out more tests to check other characteristics like performance, scalability, searching, complex analysis on DB data etc.

Please suggest if there is any other major points (limitations ?)of Teneo which I should take into account before deciding.

Thanks,
John D
Re: [Teneo] Example download [message #1092387 is a reply to message #1092216] Thu, 22 August 2013 18:27 Go to previous message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Messages: 5340
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi John,
Yes your first remark is completely correct, this has been an explicit Texo design choice for now.

I can't think of limitations for Teneo...

gr. Martin

On 08/22/2013 03:30 PM, John D wrote:
> Thanks a lot Martin for the info.
>
> I did try out Texo before, but I faced a couple of issues with it like below
>
> 1. Maintain a separate set of model elements which do not follow the same hierarchy as my original model. eg: If I have
> a case like interface C extends A,B {} in EMF,but Texo generated class C extends A but all the properties of B were
> copied to C. So when I read from the database, I cannot cast C to B.
>
> 2. I do not need a JSON serialization of the data as I have a standalone RCP applicaiton.
>
> So far from what I have tried with Teneo(thanks to the pointer to the teneo/hibernate tutorials :)) it looks pretty good
> to me. So we are positive about adopting Teneo in our project now. However, we are still trying out more tests to check
> other characteristics like performance, scalability, searching, complex analysis on DB data etc.
> Please suggest if there is any other major points (limitations ?)of Teneo which I should take into account before deciding.
> Thanks,
> John D


--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Previous Topic:why i am getting this error
Next Topic:[Texo] Autogenerated addTo... fails silently
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Dec 22 10:46:28 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.09575 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software