Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Delete unused MessageFlows ?(Delete MessageFlow IDs)
Delete unused MessageFlows ? [message #1087381] Thu, 15 August 2013 15:02 Go to next message
Bran G is currently offline Bran GFriend
Hi all,

I got the following issue when opening one of my Eclipse BPMN2 Files:

MessagFlow id ="MessageFlow1 Source and Target Shapes do not exist"

This "warning" comes for many Shapes and I do not know how to delete them. Would be very thankful for your help on how to delete unused Shapes...

Thank you all,
Bran
Re: Delete unused MessageFlows ? [message #1087426 is a reply to message #1087381] Thu, 15 August 2013 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hmm, the question isn't how to delete the MessageFlows that reference undefined Shapes, it's how did the referenced Shapes disappear in the first place? Are you able to reproduce the steps that led to the corruption of this file?

Bob
Re: Delete unused MessageFlows ? [message #1088073 is a reply to message #1087426] Fri, 16 August 2013 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bran G is currently offline Bran GFriend
Thanks for your reply,

No i cannot go back to these steps. Is there an option where I can see all unused MessageFlows? I really don´t know where they are.
Re: Delete unused MessageFlows ? [message #1090791 is a reply to message #1088073] Tue, 20 August 2013 16:48 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Bummer. If you happen to run across this situation again, I'd appreciate it if you could open a bugzilla and attach before & after snapshots of your process file.

Because MessageFlows require a source and target BPMN element, the file importer can not render any unattached flows because it does not know where to attach them. What you will see, though, is an error popup dialog (as you've already described earlier) and these flows will automatically be removed when you save the file.

Thanks!
Bob
Previous Topic:how to enable customTasks in collaboration palette?
Next Topic:Initial point of a Sequence Flow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:34:32 GMT 2024