Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » SequenceFlow appears on top of the other PictogramElements
SequenceFlow appears on top of the other PictogramElements [message #1087280] Thu, 15 August 2013 12:04 Go to next message
Marco Roque is currently offline Marco RoqueFriend
Hello everyone.

I have noticed that the SequenceFlow pictogramElement (FreeFormConnection) appears always on top of other BPMN elements like tasks and events.

I've noticed this because i'am adding pictogramElements that i wanted to appear on top of the sequence flow in order to represent a process instance, but it always appears below the sequenceFlow.

Is there a way i can workaround this situation?

Regards,
Marco Roque
Re: SequenceFlow appears on top of the other PictogramElements [message #1087412 is a reply to message #1087280] Thu, 15 August 2013 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Marco,

GEF (which is the foundation of Graphiti) uses different layers for drawing shapes and connections, and the connection layer is always drawn on top of the shape layer - there's no way around that. However, you can provide a "clipping strategy" for each of the layers and, in fact, the BPMN2 Modeler defines such a strategy for the connection layer, implemented in the org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.ui.editor.ConnectionLayerClippingStrategy class. Currently, this is only used to clip Message Flow connection lines so that the flow's associated Message figure appears to be on top of the connection. This could easily be extended to include other shapes, but the question is which shapes?

I'm open to suggestions here. Please feel free to file an enhancement request for this.

Bob

Re: SequenceFlow appears on top of the other PictogramElements [message #1089346 is a reply to message #1087412] Sun, 18 August 2013 15:37 Go to previous message
Marco Roque is currently offline Marco RoqueFriend
Hi Bob,

For me it makes all sense to be like this. Connections are an important element in the models diagrams and it is important that they appear on top of the other elements to easy the diagram reading.

In my case i wanted to do this to a custom shape that i created to represent the instances/tokens that travel the model. I don't think that we should extend this approach for other bpmn2 elements, because it all seems right to me.

I'll be taking a look to the ConnectionLayerClippingStrategy to see if i'm able to implement it in my plugin.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Marco Roque
Previous Topic:BPMN2Editor refresh behaviour
Next Topic:Reloading the bpmn2 diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:45:24 GMT 2024