|Re: Bulk Copy [message #1080821 is a reply to message #1080345]
||Tue, 06 August 2013 12:07
| Stuart Lorber
Registered: June 2013
The use case I'm looking for is for when 3.1.0 comes out.|
1) Set up a group of jobs for Project A.
2) Assign jobs to Project_A_Team.
3) Assign users to Project_A_Team (with appropriate permissions).
4) Project A now rolls out the door so I cut a branch for my production release.
5) Now I need a duplicate set of jobs for the original Project A (new development) and Project A (production support).
6) Project A has a developer working on implementing a big feature. The developer wants to work in a branch for a week or two and then merge into trunk.
7) Now I need a duplicate set of jobs for the developer to test their changes.
In these situations I'd like to be able to take a set of jobs assigned to Project_A_Team and copy them. I'd like to be able to create a new group (i.e. Project_A_Prod_Support_Team) and then copy all of the jobs from Project_A_Team over to this new project. This would results in having "duplicate" sets of jobs for different versions of my code.
Right now I'd have to copy each job individually and then manually assign them to a new project/team.
I might have 50, 60, 100 jobs so if I could do a copy of all of the jobs or a select set of jobs I could create a new environment in minutes.
[Updated on: Tue, 06 August 2013 12:09]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01619 seconds