Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Automatically generated .gitignore files
Automatically generated .gitignore files [message #1079904] Mon, 05 August 2013 08:13 Go to next message
Christoph Keimel is currently offline Christoph KeimelFriend
Hello

I am using EMF XCore to generate Java Source Files into an src-gen Source-Directory. When I share this project to move it into the Git repository, some .gitignore files are automatically generated to exclude the generated source files.

We would like to have these source files under version control. The major reason being, that not all developers have XCore installed in there Eclipse, but still need to compile the sources.

In the settings, I deactivated "Team > Git > Projects > Automatically ignore derived resources by adding them to .gitignore", but this has no effect on the issue.

To reproduce the problem:

1) Create an Xcore Project in the Workspace
2) Create the model and let XCore generate the files
3) Use "Team -> Share" to move the project into the Git repository

The .gitignore files will be created on step #3.

Is this a bug or am I missing a configuration possibility?

Thanks!
Christoph
Re: Automatically generated .gitignore files [message #1080045 is a reply to message #1079904] Mon, 05 August 2013 11:56 Go to previous message
Michael Vorburger is currently offline Michael VorburgerFriend
please note my response on http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/499431/1080042/#msg_1080042 ..
Previous Topic:JGit - Delete remote branch
Next Topic:Commit change in 2 branches
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:07:36 GMT 2024