Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » BIRT 4.3 - Nested Tables xlsx Error (Getting "Unrecoverable Content" in xlsx and then windows recover it)
BIRT 4.3 - Nested Tables xlsx Error [message #1077691] Fri, 02 August 2013 02:48 Go to next message
Eclipse Beginner is currently offline Eclipse Beginner
Hi,
am running a nested table report in version 4.3 and using several output formats. In one of the formats - xlsx; upon opening, I am getting "Excel has found unrecoverable content in report". And then on recovery it shows :

Removed Records: Merge cells from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part

this is what Microsoft xlsx error logs contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<recoveryLog xmlns="<openxmlformat URL>/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error056280_01.xml</logFileName><summary>Errors were detected in file 'reportMultiPat.xlsx'</summary><removedRecords summary="Following is a list of removed records:"><removedRecord>Removed Records: Merge cells from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part</removedRecord></removedRecords></recoveryLog>

I am not sure why this is happening and what it is linked to. The only reason I am linking it to Nested tables is that, I have executed another plain report and that seems to be working fine. Any thoughts ?
Re: BIRT 4.3 - Nested Tables xlsx Error [message #1079000 is a reply to message #1077691] Sat, 03 August 2013 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael Williams

Any way you can recreate this issue with the sample database? Or with another data type that I can run the report with? This sounds like a bug.

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Re: BIRT 4.3 - Nested Tables xlsx Error [message #1095215 is a reply to message #1079000] Mon, 26 August 2013 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response. I tried recreating the report from scratch with nested tables. The result is same. Next I am thinking to try a crosstab or a grid. Do you have any suggestions around the same ? I can publish the report design if you want.
Re: BIRT 4.3 - Nested Tables xlsx Error [message #1095749 is a reply to message #1095215] Tue, 27 August 2013 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

In addition to above, I just noticed that it is taking a very long time to produce the report. It gets somewhere around 45K to 50K records to group and then certainly there is a nested table, is there any advice on how to improve its performance ?
Re: BIRT 4.3 - Nested Tables xlsx Error [message #1095971 is a reply to message #1095749] Tue, 27 August 2013 19:46 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael Williams

Can you recreate the issue with the sample database or with another datasource type that you can provide data for, so I can see your issue and test on your design? Thanks!

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Previous Topic:Oracle Data Source
Next Topic:not able to pass the selected x-axis value in case of bar chart - based on value series
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 02 06:38:33 GMT 2014