Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Exception switching perspectives after upgrade to Juno
Exception switching perspectives after upgrade to Juno [message #1077233] Thu, 01 August 2013 12:08 Go to next message
Luís de Sousa is currently offline Luís de Sousa
Messages: 145
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Dear all,

I upgraded yesterday from Indigo to Juno, and while so far everything seems to be working ok, I'm getting an exception every time I switch perspectives:

Quote:
An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.findPerspective(Lorg/eclipse/ui/IPerspectiveDescriptor;)Lorg/eclipse/ui/internal/Perspective;


In the log there's the following:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 4 2 2013-08-01 13:52:11.378
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.ui.workbench".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.findPerspective(Lorg/eclipse/ui/IPerspectiveDescriptor;)Lorg/eclipse/ui/internal/Perspective;
	at org.eclipse.papyrus.ui.perspectiveconfiguration.PapyrusPerspectiveListener.perspectiveActivated(PapyrusPerspectiveListener.java:117)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveListenerList$1.run(PerspectiveListenerList.java:74)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:857)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveListenerList.fireEvent(PerspectiveListenerList.java:58)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveListenerList.firePerspectiveActivated(PerspectiveListenerList.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.firePerspectiveActivated(WorkbenchWindow.java:1264)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$4.handleEvent(WorkbenchPage.java:2805)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1.run(UIEventHandler.java:41)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:180)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4299)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syncExec(E4Application.java:187)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.handleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerWrapper.handleEvent(EventHandlerWrapper.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.dispatchEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent.sendEvent(EventComponent.java:39)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.EventBroker.send(EventBroker.java:80)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.UIEventPublisher.notifyChanged(UIEventPublisher.java:58)
	at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:380)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.advanced.impl.PerspectiveStackImpl.setSelectedElement(PerspectiveStackImpl.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.advanced.impl.PerspectiveStackImpl.setSelectedElement(PerspectiveStackImpl.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.perspectiveswitcher.PerspectiveSwitcher$13.widgetSelected(PerspectiveSwitcher.java:439)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1276)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3562)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3186)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1053)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:942)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:588)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:543)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)


I found the report of a similar problem at StackOverflow, where it is suggested a restart with the -clean option should bring things back to normal. In my case it didn't work out.

Any clues on how to solve this issue are welcome. Thank you.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 August 2013 12:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exception switching perspectives after upgrade to Juno [message #1092002 is a reply to message #1077233] Thu, 22 August 2013 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luís de Sousa is currently offline Luís de Sousa
Messages: 145
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I'm still struggling with this. Any information is welcome. Thanks.
Re: Exception changing perspectives after upgrading to June [message #1092022 is a reply to message #1077233] Thu, 22 August 2013 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 26126
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Luís,

It looks like Papyrus allowed itself to be installed into Juno, but it
uses method methods of an internal class that doesn't exit in Juno.
Best you install an Indigo package and install Papyrus into that. But
it would make more sense to install Kepler versions of everything. it's
better to ask about Papyrus on their specific forum: eclipse.papyrus


On 01/08/2013 2:08 PM, Luís de Sousa wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I upgraded yesterday from Indigo to Juno, and while so far everything
> seems to be working ok, I'm getting an exception every time I switch
> perspectives:
>
> Quote:
>> An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
>> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.findPerspective(Lorg/eclipse/ui/IPerspectiveDescriptor;)Lorg/eclipse/ui/internal/Perspective;
>>
>
>
> In the log there's the following:
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 4 2 2013-08-01 13:52:11.378
> !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in:
> "org.eclipse.ui.workbench".
> !STACK 0
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.findPerspective(Lorg/eclipse/ui/IPerspectiveDescriptor;)Lorg/eclipse/ui/internal/Perspective;
> at
> org.eclipse.papyrus.ui.perspectiveconfiguration.PapyrusPerspectiveListener.perspectiveActivated(PapyrusPerspectiveListener.java:117)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveListenerList$1.run(PerspectiveListenerList.java:74)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
> at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:857)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveListenerList.fireEvent(PerspectiveListenerList.java:58)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveListenerList.firePerspectiveActivated(PerspectiveListenerList.java:72)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.firePerspectiveActivated(WorkbenchWindow.java:1264)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$4.handleEvent(WorkbenchPage.java:2805)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1.run(UIEventHandler.java:41)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:180)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4299)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syncExec(E4Application.java:187)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.handleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:38)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerWrapper.handleEvent(EventHandlerWrapper.java:197)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:197)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:1)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.dispatchEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:135)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:78)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent.sendEvent(EventComponent.java:39)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.EventBroker.send(EventBroker.java:80)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.UIEventPublisher.notifyChanged(UIEventPublisher.java:58)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:380)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.advanced.impl.PerspectiveStackImpl.setSelectedElement(PerspectiveStackImpl.java:135)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.advanced.impl.PerspectiveStackImpl.setSelectedElement(PerspectiveStackImpl.java:1)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.addons.perspectiveswitcher.PerspectiveSwitcher$13.widgetSelected(PerspectiveSwitcher.java:439)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1276)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3562)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3186)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1053)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:942)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:588)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:543)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
>
>
> I found
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13570592/changing-perspective-causes-popup-error-debug-perspective-no-longer-functional,
> where it is suggested a restart with the -clean option should bring
> things back to normal. In my case it didn't work out.
>
> Any clues on how to solve this issue are welcome. Thank you.
Re: Exception changing perspectives after upgrading to June [message #1092076 is a reply to message #1092022] Thu, 22 August 2013 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luís de Sousa is currently offline Luís de Sousa
Messages: 145
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Ed, thank you for the reply.

After looking around I'm getting the idea that Papyrus wasn't updated, it is still marked as version 0.8.1, which is a bit old. This would concur with what you say; I'll try to force an update and veer this discussion to the modelling forum.

Btw, what do you mean by "Kepler versions"? Thanks.
Re: Exception changing perspectives after upgrading to June [message #1092103 is a reply to message #1092076] Thu, 22 August 2013 10:25 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed Merks
Messages: 26126
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Luís,

The latest release train is Kepler so if you're going to set up new
things, best to get a package from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ and
install update into that package from the kepler update site:
http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler

On 22/08/2013 11:46 AM, Luís de Sousa wrote:
> Hi Ed, thank you for the reply.
>
> After looking around I'm getting the idea that Papyrus wasn't updated,
> it is still marked as version 0.8.1, which is a bit old. This would
> concur with what you say; I'll try to force an update and veer this
> discussion to the modelling forum.
>
> Btw, what do you mean by "Kepler versions"? Thanks.
Previous Topic:Enabling Java Validator
Next Topic:Eclipse Birt Report 4.3
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Oct 20 21:28:06 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.16032 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software