Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Dynamic Web Project Build Errors
Dynamic Web Project Build Errors [message #159230] Mon, 06 February 2006 15:15 Go to next message
Nicholas Irving is currently offline Nicholas Irving
Messages: 13
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi All
I have an issue which is related to
http://www.ibm.com/webservices/xsd/j2ee_web_services_client_ 1_1.xsd and a
Dynamic Web Project I have with WTP 1.0 (200512210855) and Eclipse 3.1.1
(M20050929-0840)

I have an error listing in Problems that states "Referenced file contains
errors
( http://www.ibm.com/webservices/xsd/j2ee_web_services_client_ 1_1.xsd) for
more information, right click on the message and select "Show Details....""

It appears that
http://www.ibm.com/webservices/xsd/j2ee_web_services_client_ 1_1.xsd has
moved or no longer exists as there is now a constant under "maintenance
page" there. Is this a known issue? I cannot find anything in the mailing
list, have not checked the bugzilla yet but will do. It is annoying as it
was working on Sunday, but not from Monday.

Nicholas Irving
Re: Dynamic Web Project Build Errors [message #159241 is a reply to message #159230] Mon, 06 February 2006 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicholas Irving is currently offline Nicholas Irving
Messages: 13
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Okay it appears to be a problem with my ISP and IBM. It appears that my
ISP Internode is caching the page somewhere, I suspect they have a
transparent web proxy somewhere, as when I use a proxy service outside of
the network I get the correct page from IBM. i.e
http://poxy.us.to/index.php?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ibm.com%2Fweb services%2Fxsd%2Fj2ee_web_services_client_1_1.xsd&hl=111 1100001

IBM may have placed the maintenance page up, not set the correct caching
headers and InterNode cached it forever. Will take this up with them, but
if anybody from IBM is listening I think this needs to be looked into.
Re: Dynamic Web Project Build Errors - Solved [message #159248 is a reply to message #159230] Mon, 06 February 2006 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicholas Irving is currently offline Nicholas Irving
Messages: 13
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Yep it was a caching issue.

Figured out how to clean the InterNode Cache to pick up the new version
and then figured out that Eclipse was also caching the page. To clear
Eclipse cache version I did this.

Windows -> Preferences -> Internet -> Cache

Clicked on the file to be removed and clicked 'Remove'

Problem solved
Re: Dynamic Web Project Build Errors - Solved [message #169380 is a reply to message #159248] Sun, 14 May 2006 13:33 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: mark.slytechs.com

Wow!!!! Thanks for the suggestion to clear the Eclipse's internet cache.
I was pulling my hair out and about to submit questions to this forum.
None of the XML files were validating and generating strange errors.

After clearing the cache all the XML files come up valid! Awesome. I too
had internet problems a couple of days ago (outtage for entire day).
Eclipse must have cached incomplete or even empty versions of the files,
and I have had problems ever since.

Cheers,
mark...

Nicholas Irving wrote:

> Yep it was a caching issue.
>
> Figured out how to clean the InterNode Cache to pick up the new version
> and then figured out that Eclipse was also caching the page. To clear
> Eclipse cache version I did this.
>
> Windows -> Preferences -> Internet -> Cache
>
> Clicked on the file to be removed and clicked 'Remove'
>
> Problem solved
>
Previous Topic:Deploying web content from dependent project
Next Topic:Sorting in project explorer
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Apr 21 11:36:16 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01659 seconds