|How to use AbstractWizzard [message #1076035]
||Tue, 30 July 2013 15:02
| Urs Beeli
Registered: October 2012
Location: Bern, Switzerland
I am looking at a way to guide the user through various steps of doing something. For this, I started looking into Wizards but while I've managed to put together something, it doesn't do anything yet.|
I've not found anything about how to use AbstractWizard and its subclasses either on the Concept pages nor in the Howto or the Forum. Is there some documentation that exists already?
I've tried the following:
- I have four forms (FirstForm to FourthForm)
- I created a Wizard using the SDK
- I added four steps using the SDK (it doesn't ask for the form to be used, but in the code I get a warning for getStep(), so I modifed the steps to extend AbstractWizardStep<XthForm> (where Xth = First...Fourth).
Calling new TrialWizard().start() shows a dialog with four "steps" shown on the right hand side and some back/next buttons. Clicking the buttons I can navigate through the steps but the big white area remains empty.
- What do I need to do so that the correct forms are shown? Is there a way to have the Wizard do this automatically? Or do I need to hand code this? If the latter, what is needed?
- I've tried defining Icons using the Scout properties both on the Wizard itself as well as on its steps but they are not shown
- I've tried defining TooltipText, TitleHtml, DescriptionHtml on the Steps and TooltipText, TitleHtml on the Wizard but the tooltip text seems not to be used at all.
Any other input that is important to know when dealing with Wizzards?
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01838 seconds