|Re: Installation of a Subversion Client [message #1078124 is a reply to message #1075826]
||Fri, 02 August 2013 15:11
| Jitendra Bisht
Registered: January 2013
EPF has some sort of a bug where in you cannot install the plugins through the menu directly. |
To fix this, you will need to create a keyboard shortcut. Here is what you need to do;
1. Go to Window->Preferences.
2. From the Preferences window, open General and select "Keys" from the sub-menu
3. On the right, look for "Find and Install updates" under "Commmand" column. Select it with a single click.
4. Left click on the field in front of "Binding". Assign a shortcut that you wish (just hit those keys and they will be detected). I selected Ctrl+Shift+A.
5. Click Apply, and then OK.
6. Keep EPF open and now hit CTRL+SHIFT+A together. A new window for "Install/Update" would appear. Select "Search for new features to install". Click Next.
7. Click on "New Local Site" button on the right. In the "Browse for folder", locate the folder containing SVN Plugin files (the unzipped downloaded file - I got mine from here) and click OK.
8. Click Finish when back on the "Install" dialog box.
9. A new "Updates" dialog would now appear, you can open the tree and select the Plugins you'd like to install. Click "Next", accept the "Terms and Conditions" and from the next menu, hit "Finish".
10. Restart EPF and the plugins would now be installed. You can confirm this by going to Window->Open Perspective->Other
Once installed, the SVN plugin files can be be inside the folder that contains epf.exe. This means, the downloaded zip file and the unzipped folder SVN are no longer required for SVN to correctly run in EPF.
Hope this helps.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.07553 seconds