Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Update site issue(RCP product name is not getting fetched from properties file)
Update site issue [message #1075481] Mon, 29 July 2013 13:59
Ashwini Nayak is currently offline Ashwini NayakFriend
Hello,

I am working on RCP and I am facing an issue in update site.
I have a plugin project with the name, "branding". I have a product configuration present in a java project which uses an existing product of "branding" plugin. The name of the product configuration should be taken from a properties file. For that reason, I have a .properties file with the name, "about.properties" within the "branding" plugin. The about.properties file contains the following data:
product.name=MyProject

For getting the product name from the properties file, I have entered "%product.name" in the "name" field of the product configuration, which should take the value of "product.name" from the "about.properties" file. I have included the "about.properties" in the binary build of "branding" plugin.

Now, I export my product. I go to the "Install New Software" option under "Help" menu and click "already installed" link. The name of the installed software gets displayed as "product.name" instead of "MyProject". Whereas, in the title bar of the product, "MyProject" is getting displayed, which is correct. This means that product name is not actually fetched from the properties file.

I want the product name in the "Installation Details" ("already installed" list) list to be displayed as "MyProject" instead of "product.name".

Can anybody tell me if I have missed any of the steps or the steps which I have followed is correct or not? Or is this a bug in eclipse?

Previous Topic:Special character in artifact repository URI
Next Topic:Auto start bundles programmaticly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:17:25 GMT 2024