Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » Setting up a DTP Connection Profile with Private SSH key(Unable to connect to database on Remote Server - need to be able to use private SSH key)
Setting up a DTP Connection Profile with Private SSH key [message #1075082] Sun, 28 July 2013 17:39 Go to next message
Flavelle Ballem is currently offline Flavelle BallemFriend
Hi,

Sorry, I am new to DTP.

In Remote Server Explorer, I am able to connect to a remote server with a private ssh key.

I have a MySQL server on that remote server and I would like to use DTP to connect with and manage the databases there. I am able to do it with the MySQL Workbench tool, but I would prefer to learn to use the Eclipse DTP.

If someone has done this, could they please give me relatively easy steps to do this?

I am using Eclipse Kepler and the DTP downloaded as part of that version.

Many thanks for your trouble
Re: Setting up a DTP Connection Profile with Private SSH key [message #1075296 is a reply to message #1075082] Mon, 29 July 2013 07:40 Go to previous message
Flavelle Ballem is currently offline Flavelle BallemFriend
Took a while, but I figured out the problem. In configuring the connection, I was putting the URL in the Driver Properties incorrectly. The format is jdbc:mysql://hostsite.com:3306/database, where hostsite.com is replaced with the actual name of the website and database is replaced with the actual name of the database.

Now to see what can be done with the DTP.
Previous Topic:How to avoid confliction of Node and SimpleNode when I import DTP ast.Node and ast.Simple
Next Topic:Multitenancy and Entity Manager
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:02:23 GMT 2024